1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Clearly, Versus didn't learn from the disaster that was Dennis Miller on MNF...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by hockeybeat, Oct 23, 2007.

1. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

2. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

God knows why anyone would watch that pretentious prick...

3. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Between his show and Frank TV, it's a bad year for debuting programs.

4. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

Thank goodness the playoffs weren't on Versus.

5. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

It *is* a bit of a different stage. And it's not like there's anybody watching.

6. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Hey, he's from Pittsburgh.

Lord knows it's tough finding a fellow Pittsburgher who likes to talk sports.

7. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

The last time people watched, he was hosting Weekend Update.

8. Boomer7

Boomer7 Active Member

The difference between Miller and Caliendo is that the latter has been funny in this decade. Caliendo's great -- TBS just ruined the show's future with the endless promotion.

9. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

The only one that would be worse would be John McEnroe

10. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

Honestly, does anybody still find Miller clever? To me, he's just about the most overrated performer of our time. His best moments were as the anchor of weekend update many years ago when he had SNL writers feeding him his material.

His standup performances are mostly a guy who's obviously trying WAY too hard to show how esoteric and obscure he can be with references that really aren't that clever, funny, or insightful. Outside of a few Fox News neanderthals (and I guess Versus programmers) I know nobody who still gets a kick out of Miller's schtick.

11. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

Miller was funny until he became a Bush suckup. He was never really a flaming liberal - even before he turned right, he did some great Clinton stuff, and he always had kind of a libertarian streak. It's the whole "I can't make fun of Bush and Guiliani" thing that made him jump the shark. The old Miller would've been telling us Guiliani honestly believes 3,000 people willingly gave their lives at WTC so Rudy could be emperor - that's the guy I really miss.

12. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Enjoyed the one or two times I saw the Dennis Miller Show on Fox, before it got the heave. Hey, it was better than Chevy Chase's disaster.

Draft saved Draft deleted