1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Clearly, Isiah has photos of Little Jimmy Dolan committing unspeakable acts.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by hockeybeat, Mar 29, 2008.

1. spnited

spnited Active Member

Zeke will be out before Walsh takes over.
    Within two days of the end of the season, Cable Boy will announce that Isiah has been relieved of his duties as coach and president and has been offered another position within the organization (because they owe him a boatload of money).
    The next day, Walsh will be introduced as the team Pres who will hire the new coach.

2. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

Spnited explains it well.

I couldn't figure out why Jimmy D would want Zeke there even after Donnie arrives. I kept thinking it had to do with the harassment lawsuit... but that's been settled. Spnited clears it up... my only question is, if Zeke quits (and say, takes the job at IU), the Knicks don't owe him a dime, right?

Yes, Stern's prints are all over this. Control freak that he is. Not to mention living and working in New York. You can tell he was involved by what he's said for the past month. His ego won't let him keep a hat on his involvement-- he has to subtly let everyone know he's had the situation under control.

3. spnited

spnited Active Member

Interesting piece in Newsday today

http://www.newsday.com/sports/basketball/knicks/ny-spknix015634303apr01,0,7812706.story

4. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

In truth, Stern consults with all the owners on a regular basis, so saying he 'nudged' Dolan is something less than going out on a limb.

Also, a short review of the Ted Stepien reign over the Cavaliers should clearly demonstrate that the Knicks are far from that state of league rules-changing ruin.

In both cases, however, the Cleveland connection is duly noted.

No offense, Ace.

5. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I have agree with a lot of what Headbutt is saying. Maybe Stern has stepped in and pushed for some change with the Knicks, but should he? Just because it is a New York team?

Does any New York team other than the Yankees even hold a special place in its sport? As a non-New Yorker, I always felt like the Mets were just another baseball franchise, just as the Giants and Jets were just two more teams in the NFL and the Knicks are just another team in the NBA. As important as any other franchise, but no moreso.

Any others outside of New York have an opinion on this, especially those who follow the NBA closely?

6. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Any odds on Zeke's last day? I'm guessing that loses his coaching job before the NBA Finals but they keep him in a limbo capacity until some point next season.

7. spnited

spnited Active Member

Zeke's last day is the day after the regular season ends. And they'll keep him in some no-authority capacity rather than payhim $18 mill to do nothing.

Walsh presser is on right now and Cable Boy claims to have given Walsh autonomy over everything about the franchise, including, according to Walsh, new media policies...access, etc.

All Walsh has said directly about Zeke is he will sit down and talk to him and decide what's best for the future of the franchise.

8. bostonbred

bostonbred Guest

Walsh has impressed me with this press conference.

At the very least, he's component. Which is an upgrade.

9. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

So long as he's breathing, it's an upgrade.

10. spnited

spnited Active Member

Next to Zeke, anybody would look competent (well, maybe not GWB but almost anybody).

Actually, Walsh knows how to say all the right things. If Dolan actually gives him free rein, he also knows how to do the rght things.
    If Cable Boy takes a step back, Walsh could clean up this mess in about 3 years.

11. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

I beg to differ. I think GWB would look just as competent running the Knicks as Zeke.

12. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

What the hell does Zeke do next for a job? He'll never get another job in the NBA. Due to him, there is no CBA. And he wasn't a great broadcaster.

Draft saved Draft deleted