1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Clearly, Isiah has photos of Little Jimmy Dolan committing unspeakable acts.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by hockeybeat, Mar 29, 2008.

1. spnited

spnited Active Member

All right, people. Here is what is about to happen with the once great New York Knicks organization:

Cable Boy (aka Jim Dolan) -- with a nudge from Stern -- has finally realized he is a laughingstock. That's why he is bringing in Donnie Walsh and giving him control over EVERYTHING.
    At the same time, he doesn't want to pay off Isiah to go away like he paid off Larry Brown, so he must find some menial role (other than harrassing employees) within the organization to force Isiah to show up to earn his millions.
    I think Stern's role in Walsh running the Knicks is telling Cable Boy "get the organization in shape or I'll force your old man to get you out of my league."

In three years, with Walsh given free rein, the Knicks are competitive again.

2. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Why would Stern force Dolan out of the league? Hell, HOW would he do that? Donald Sterling made a mockery of the Clippers for decades and he's still in the league. Stern's job isn't to ensure teams are competitive and run well. He's in charge of making sure the league does well. It's not his fault Dolan is a douche.

3. BYH

BYH Active Member

You really think lil' Jimmy can keep his hands out of the cookie jar though?

And will he just spend his days making sure his draconian media edicts are followed, thereby feeding the paranoia that makes working for Cablevision a life-ruining job?

4. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

But the Knicks management and league success are kinda related, aren't they? The Knicks obviously aren't a normal franchise, they represent by far the league's largest media and population market and, in Stern's ideal world, would be its flagship franchise.

I think spnited's probably right, Stern had more than a little to do with this. He knows his league does better when the Knicks and LA are doing well, and the mismanaged horror show in NY in recent years had to be pushing him to his limit. He finally stepped in.

5. Flying Headbutt

The Knicks are no more significant than any of the other franchises in the league. Media-wise it's a different story. But in terms of business, Stern meddling only means that the league is not on the up and up (ummm, you know what I mean) and that the league needs to stack the deck to favor some teams more than others.

6. BYH

BYH Active Member

Since when has the NBA been on the up-and-up with Stern?

As rigged as the day is long.

7. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

Well that's a nice sentiment and no doubt what Stern woud say if you asked him. But if you really think the folks in the league office have the same concern for New York's success as they do for, say Memphis or Minnesota, then you sound a bit naive to me.

8. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

I have to agree with Stoney on this one. Stern obviously doesn't care about the Sonics leaving Seattle, or the Hornets bailing on Charlotte. Think he'd ever allow the Knicks to consider a move?

9. Flying Headbutt

You simply can not compare the viability of a team in New York with a team in Seattle or Charlotte or Okla-mother fucking-homa City or anything like that. It'd be like freezing one envelope.

10. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

11. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

What about the Knicks' history in the league? New York was an original member of the league. No matter the media-market size, I think the league will show more interest in keeping organizations like the Knicks, Celtics, Lakers, Pistons, etc., maybe not on a competitive level, but less of a laughing-stock of a disaster like New York has become.

12. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Uh, well, then Donnie doesn't have control over "everything," or for that matter, much of anything.

Anybody intelligent thinking of taking this job, the first and foremost condition is, "Isiah Thomas is fired, right this second."

Draft saved Draft deleted