1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Clearly, Isiah has photos of Little Jimmy Dolan committing unspeakable acts.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by hockeybeat, Mar 29, 2008.

1. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

2. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Walsh, or any other competent basketball management person, takes the job only under the condition, "the day I walk in the door, Isiah walks out."

3. BYH

BYH Active Member

No competent basketball management person should take that job unless Jimmy Dolan, so incompetent he makes Dubya look like he earned his lot in life, is sent to the Cablevision mailroom. Why would anyone demean themselves to work in an organization in which the CEO sends 20something weasels to record every single word you utter?

4. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

One word: Ego.

If you're an NBA lifer like Donnie Walsh and you're given the chance to raise one of the league's flagship franchises from the dead, you take the job because you're sure you're the guy to get it done.

5. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I'd pay good money to watch HB meet up with Dolan in a dark alley.

6. BYH

BYH Active Member

But doesn't even the biggest egomaniac recognize the chances of raising said flagship franchise are minimal with Jimmy Dolan lording over him? Dolan's not bright enough nor modest enough to say hey, here you go, have three years at it without me doing anything but signing off on your decisions.

It was Dolan who signed an already-declining Allan Houston to a max deal b/c he liked him. He likes busting the cap b/c he thinks it shows the fans he cares and that the Knicks are trying. It was Dolan who wanted Van Gundy or Grunfeld fired b/c they were arguing in the press in 1999. Dolan who values Isiah's stepford son persona and willingness to suck up more than the won-loss record.

I just see no way the Knicks get out of this morass unless Stern gets Dolan out of office. It was one thing for the Clippers to be a running joke for 20-odd years. But Stern has to see the Knicks fail, on a nightly basis, right in front of him. He has to do something. Has to.

7. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Why, because they're the NEW YORK Knicks? If they want to fuck themselves over seven ways to Sunday 82 times a year, while other more competent teams go about winning, that's their bad. The fans don't have to show up.

8. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

I never thought I'd see Bill Parcells working for Jerry Jones. But it happened. Execs at that level think they're going to be the guy to get it done. If they don't think that they don't last long in that profession.

9. BYH

BYH Active Member

I agree re: Bill and Jones, but Jones, as much as he's in love with himself, seemed to realize, at least when Bill was coaching, that his best chance to win was to stay (mostly) out of the way. that's a view from afar, so I could be wrong.

Plus, Jones is a brilliant businessman. As much of a dope as he seems to be, I can understand why he'd think his way is the only way. All Dolan's ever done right is swim upstream nine months before he popped out.

10. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

The guy's like, a bazillionaire, even if he is an idiot.

I think he's done at least a few other things right.

11. BYH

BYH Active Member

You'd be surprised. His dad allows him to run the Knicks because he won't let him anywhere near the day-to-day operations of Cablevision, which is what really brings the bread home over there. Fuck up the Knicks and it's still hugely profitable. Fuck up Cablevision, though...

12. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

Ah. I wasn't aware he was leeching off his old man.

I stand corrected.

He IS a fucktard then.

Draft saved Draft deleted