1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

ClearChannel with MASSIVE national cuts

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Rockbottom, Jan 20, 2009.

1. Notepad

Notepad Member

I will be pissed if Mark Madden still has a job. And I do not feel bad for saying that.

2. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

That must be some riveting listening.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

3. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Matt Shepard -- the most plastic person in Detroit media not named John Keating -- will keep his job and everyone else goes... if that isn't firing WJM-TV and keeping Ted baxter, nothing is...

4. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Fredo pretty much set that concept on fire, with young Powell.

5. Rough Mix

Rough Mix Guest

As the linked article notes, Ryan Seacrest is being placed in morning drive in many markets. For those who don't have Ryan on their local radio dial, I have provided SportsJournalists.com with a link that can be used to listen to him. No need to thank me. Enjoy!

http://www.adweek.com/aw/content_display/news/agency/e3i40152e91c349224f8cc01301a1c0b7eb

http://www.ryanseacrest.com/affiliates/

6. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Stewie Griffin, having heard "Surfin' Bird" for the 4837th time, puts pistol in mouth.

7. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

It was mentioned in that story that one of the guys who was laid off has a 90-day no-compete clause in his contract. Doesn't that become void when the company lets you go?

If not, he needs to sue the shit out of Clear Channel.

8. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

I would think so, unless he got paid for those 90 days.

9. Rufino

Rufino Active Member

This whole deal is sickening. Just on the sports side alone, three Fox Sports Radio programs cut loose, entire staffs wiped out in SD and Detroit, hosts gone in Syracuse, Minneapolis and Jacksonville, a reporter in Toledo and who knows how many others still to surface. Thank god I don't work for CC.

10. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

I think people have to start doing so. If the complaints aren't there the FCC will never lift a finger.

11. A university cut an entire athletic team on Inauguration Day. Very cynical, indeed.

12. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

He would have been fine as it is with all of his work on Fox Sports Detroit.

I'm really mad about Stoney and Wojo. Those guys defined Detroit Sports Radio for years. Sean Baligan was really good too. All three of those guys should land on their feet. Hopefully sooner than later.

Draft saved Draft deleted