1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

ClearChannel with MASSIVE national cuts

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Rockbottom, Jan 20, 2009.

1. pseudo

pseudo Well-Known Member

Radio-info.com. Here's the Buffalo/Rochester board, the only one I have bookmarked: http://www.radio-info.com/smf/index.php?board=233.0

But like I said earlier, it's been down all day.

2. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Word file with those layed off so far:

http://www.allaccess.com/assets/adFarm/_extra/CC_Cuts_1130a_Update_B.doc

3. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Typical douche operation which can dole it out, but can't take an inch of it.

4. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

Radio-info is a very slow board compared to SportsJournalists.com. There's not a lot of posting. And while they tend not to go off the rails like we do around here from time to time, they also have very few informative or interesting posts.

5. funky_mountain

funky_mountain Active Member

according to this story, WDFN, the sports radio station in detroit, is eliminating all local programming:
    http://monroenews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20090120/MEADESPTSCOL/101209974

6. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Then why the fuck even stay on the air? Who is going to listen to an all-national sports station?

7. pseudo

pseudo Well-Known Member

The people who can already get the all-national stations on XM/Sirius? Okay, this may not be a good plan.

8. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

I can hardly conceive of anything less interesting than canned studio babble on the Yankees, Giants, Red Sox, Mets, Patriots, Jets, Knicks etc etc etc every single minute of every single day.

9. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

So it's not just liberal newspapers with lousy management and an outdated delivery system that are hurting?

Weird.

10. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Buy, slice, dice, automate, cut, automate, cut.

And you can still get it caught in a wringer in a market as bad as this one.

11. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

On the other hand, maybe XYT can raid DFN for talent and get rid of some of the current boobs with newer ones...

12. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

I'm sure they will; I would guess Stoney and Wojo would end up on XYT fairly soon (under the current circumstances, I doubt Clear Channel would even fight it very much). XYT certainly has a few on-air teams which could be sent out to pasture, or they could even take the step of going all-local 24/7 (or maybe at least 6am-midnight)

Draft saved Draft deleted