1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

CLE vs LA @ MKE

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by ifilus, Apr 9, 2007.

1. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

What was the promo they had in ML? "Free admission to anyone who was actually alive the last time the Indians won a pennant."

2. fmrsped

fmrsped Active Member

That was, in fact, it.

3. cake in the rain

cake in the rain Active Member

I imagine the Indians probably didn't want it to be played in Anaheim. Not only would that be a long West-coast trip, it would mean turning three home games into road games. At least Milwaukee is a "neutral" site.

I would guess the players association had some say in this, too.

4. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

Anaheim has a weekend series in Boston. I imagine they didn't want to fly back to Anaheim then fly to Boston.

Of course, if this was the playoffs that would've been no problem.

5. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

I guess that promotion doesn't really work now, huh?

6. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

They could, and still no one will go. But that will be part of the charm. I like going to the ballpark when there's room to spread out among 5,000 fans.

7. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

I thought you were bullshittin' us.
    I'd go if I didn't have to work. Went to Miller Park last summer for the first time. Nice place, I'd go back, especially for $10.

8. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

Others seem to agree with you: http://www.jsonline.com/content/forum/milwaukee_indians.asp#Results

9. Cousin Jeffrey

Cousin Jeffrey Active Member

Who shortens Milwaukee to MKE? Is that airline lingo?

10. lantaur

lantaur Well-Known Member

MKE is the airline code. And give Wisconsinites a chance to tailgate, and they'll show up.

11. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

Yep.

12. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

Gutter may be correct on the reasoning, but I find it rather weak. As to "losing" the home game... you just get it back later in the season by switching things with Anaheim. With the way things are now, Cleveland simply loses the home series and gains nothing.

I also can't imagine season ticket holders being too happy. Here are three games for which were paid for and are suddenly taken away.

Draft saved Draft deleted