1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Clay Travis, Boobs and CNN

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Doc Holliday, Sep 15, 2017.

1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Did they, or did they just state the facts?

2. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

My take: It's much easier to over-react or show off our outrage about Travis, Jemele Hill, Trump tweets, etc. than it is to debate real issues and solve real problems.

Discussing the president's proposed corporate tax rate cut or the thorny issue of immigration doesn't work too well on Twitter (or on SJ.com!!!)

3. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

TV talking heads have so many hours to fill, and you wind up with shows like this where one network reporter/journalist/on air talent brings in someone from another network to interview them for their OPINION, not facts, opinions. It's lazy TV programming. Surprised shit like this doesn't happen more often.

Do interviews like this one really advance a story? Or do they just take up time and become, in some cases like this, a story unto themselves?

Meh. I hate TV. I was away 9 weeks, and didn't turn on a TV the whole time. Did not miss it!

Last edited: Sep 17, 2017
    dixiehack and I Should Coco like this.
  4. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

It does happen all the time. Sometimes, YF just can't post tweets fast enough. ;)

5. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Clay Travis is going to say whatever he wants to say no matter who's in the White House. The discussion of Trump gave him the sort of opportunity he craves to make waves, but he'd look for these opportunities regardless of power structure.

6. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

They did both. What struck me about the statement was its length.

7. Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday Well-Known Member

So this is all Trump's fault? That's rich.

8. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Unless its on that bashes Hilliary, or gives him the opportunity to do so. Those move to the head of the class.

9. gingerbread

gingerbread Well-Known Member

Wait, you mean if Hillary had won, CNN would still invite Clay to speak about Jemele tweeting about Trump being a white supremacist?
    I'm guessing if Hillary had won, Jemele wouldn't be tweeting about Trump and Clay would be onto another look-at-me crusade.
    But my logic could be faulty.

10. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Oh, he might have been on CNN for any number of reasons.

And, Jamele Hill might have found any number of reasons to tweet about race and politics, in such a manner, that it would have garnered a lot of attention.

It's not like Trump would have just gone away had he lost, either. He would have been firing off tweets and getting called a racist even if he had lost.

11. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Perhaps it's bc I quit Twitter in the spring, but I had no idea Travis was no longer with Fox sports. They seemed like a match for the ages

12. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo Well-Known Member

Nobody would give a shit about him if he lost. Alas he's the leader of the free world, thus, people get stressed about a complete moron leading the free world.

FileNotFound likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted