1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Clay Travis, Boobs and CNN

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Doc Holliday, Sep 15, 2017.

1. LanceyHoward

LanceyHoward Well-Known Member

One can become a successful Presidential candidate while being a complete joke. I can think of at least one very recent example.

2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Cruz and Rubio are both keeping a foot in each "camp" (Trumpers, mainstream GOP) because they both will run for President again and won't/can't alienate either side. There is a good chance Trumpism will take hold in the GOP for the next four to six years. There's also a good chance that Trump will run away to MarALago and 80 percent of the GOP will say they never really knew him.

3. DanOregon

Wasn't too long ago that Travis was hyping the Bama-LSU game as the GAME OF THE YEAR - and saying COVID-19 wasn't a big deal and just a bunch of media hype. I wish he policed himself as much as he calls others out for being wrong.

I'd love to call in and talk up the "big game" - I really wonder if he would correct me.

4. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

He’s still saying that about the virus. Thinks all sports should be played to packed houses, no precautions, no nothing. Only pussies wears masks. Doctors don’t have a clue.

5. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Wasn't until I had to lockdown from the virus that I found out here who CT was.

6. Jesus_Muscatel

Jesus_Muscatel Well-Known Member

Talk about a punchable face.

7. DanOregon

8. Craig Sagers Tailor

Craig Sagers Tailor Active Member

She's still has rich parents, the most crucial factor for success. Probably go to community college for a year and then transfer to big state U. Not ruined by any means.

That said, the dude who sat on the video for 4 years is a massive douche.

9. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

Interesting nightmare. But, again:
    Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

tapintoamerica likes this.
  10. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Or lovely parting gifts.

11. DanOregon

What would have been an interesting question - and more sports-centered for Travis' listeners - what if this happened to a five-star QB commit? You think Tennessee handles it differently - whether the qb is white, black or whatever?

12. Mngwa

Mngwa Well-Known Member

You know I have to say, it's kind of stupid to kick her out of school. And this is why I think that. She was very young when it happened. Is she a racist? Probably. Definitely that casual racism that a lot of white people have when they never think about other people. But instead of making her bitter, becauseyou know she's blaming this on Black people, make her do community service or volunteer in some sort of minority endeavor to guarantee her scholarship. I think when you are exposed to people who live in other circumstances it widens your life experiences, it widens your mind.

Draft saved Draft deleted