1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Clay Travis, Boobs and CNN

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Doc Holliday, Sep 15, 2017.

1. travace

travace New Member

I never understood the coon/uncle tom label Whitlock always gets. In reality, he is a black neocon with a deep-seated hatred for white people that he perceives as being liberal.

2. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

How? He's not in a prominent position at some yakfest, he doesn't break any news like Schefter or Wojo, he hasn't created something like Barstool or The Ringer. Most sports fans would take a second to recognize his name when you mentioned it to him/her.

3. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Just to be clear, I kind of find it offensive to say that about a black man in any serious way. It was just too easy of a joke. If I wanted to criticize him for real, I would do it on the substance (or lack of it) of the stuff he writes, says and does.

4. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

I'm quoting Whitlock . . . on Whitlock.

"You could argue I’m the most accomplished sports journalist in America."

5. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Does he qualify as a journalist though? Writer? Sure. But when I've heard him I never hear about specific people he's talked to, or research he's done. He's not alone on this (See also Bayliss, Skip et. al).

6. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

“Where does Clay Travis go from here? He cannot gamble, write, edit, form persuasive arguments, or put together an original joke.”

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  7. champ_kind

champ_kind Well-Known Member

I know these dipshits don't know anything about other countries, but Ireland literally just had a gay taoiseach of Indian descent. So I'm gonna go ahead and guess another country might've elected Obama.

8. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

He’s better off today than he was a week ago. His fan base is and always has been motivated by rage and a well earned inferiority complex.

Patchen likes this.
  9. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

in the interest of symmetry

photo.png

DanielSimpsonDay likes this.
  10. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I'm trying to think of the last person who cozied up to Trump and wound up better off because of it. Most have gone straight into the dumpster fire - or prison.

11. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Ted Cruz. Joni Ernst. Thom Tillis. They were all considered vulnerable and all won six-year terms in the past couple of years.

12. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

Eh - Cruz went from quasi-capable Presidential candidate to a joke, who had a serious challenge from Beto. In contrast, Texas' other senator, Cornyn, hasn't been quite so attached to the hip to Trump, and all of his TV ads in 2020 didn't even mention that he was a Republican. He won by 10 points.

PaperClip529 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted