1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Clay Travis, Boobs and CNN

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Doc Holliday, Sep 15, 2017.

1. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

There's always a chance for redemption.

2. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Easy to be redeemed for what you did.

Hard to be redeemed for who you are.

3. Nah. He's too busy brokering in conspiracy theories about technocratic overlords catering to the virulent left in front of Congress. Listening to him is absolutely wild. The guy complains about the public kickback that he generates, which quite honestly his only viable business plan at this point. All he has left is to say something that he knows will hit a nerve and make people complain or yell and then he writes about the complaining and the yelling.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2020
  4. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

State Sen. Davis, what did you think of Mr. Whitlock’s testimony?

Dog8Cats likes this.
  5. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

Gale Sayers is dead and Whitlock spent the last two or three days talking about this on a national platform.

6. PaperClip529

PaperClip529 Active Member

I'd be willing to bet that his Katie Nolan column was finished at the same time the Maria Taylor column was written. He just needed to draw Katie offsides, and she jumped at the hard court.

Thrilla_in_Vanilla likes this.
  7. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

I'd like to produce his Outkick show.

I've watched a few episodes and he still has enough juice. But he has to be willing to modernize his act.

I'd cut him down to 20 minutes and tell him to stick to an outline to allow for overlay images/videos when he hits certain points.

No need to reinvent the wheel but until he stops being bored he's not going to move forward. This current format has potential, if he's willing.

8. Patchen

Patchen Well-Known Member

while there is a place for media criticism and I get the underdog trying to chip away at the establishment, it gets stale real quick when waiting for ESPN/NY Times to do something you can attack is your only schtick. It's a parasitic way to make a living and I think many readers eventually get tired of the outrage train and wonder why you're not giving them something with reporting and insight beyond "the MSM hates you."

9. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Patchen likes this.
  10. Tucker Carlson is a jar of mayonnaise.

Mngwa likes this.
  11. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Mayonnaise doesn’t deserve that.

12. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    /disagrees

Regan MacNeil and PCLoadLetter like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted