1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Clay Travis Announces New Site

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by HHDougB, Jun 16, 2011.

1. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

Clay Travis : SEC media :: Judge Jeanine Pirro : Televison.

2. DK

DK Member

Somehow I don't sense the second coming of Grantland if a writer can't even get a bowl of hot-boiled peanuts out of the deal.

3. BigRed

BigRed Active Member

I'm reading his book about Tennessee football (not sure why I'm doing that to myself, but anyway..) You can't get through 10 pages without him telling you how important he is, or, alternatively, how important, powerful and impressive his friends are. Uggh.

4. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

He first came to prominence with a Sportsline column about the old JP network that was genuinely funny. The next big milestone was the book "Dixieland Delight," which was enjoyable but started having more of his ego seeping in. From there it has gone steadily downhill.

5. zebracoy

zebracoy Guest

I think the moral of the story, after reading the site and the comments, is that if you're not an immature college kid you need not apply.

6. crusoes

crusoes Active Member

Who and who?

7. Point of Order

Exactly.

8. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

I am not really sure how none of you guys know someone who wrote national columns for CBSSports.com, FanHouse and Deadspin. Yes, Travis has a massive ego, but he's also pretty talented and forward-thinking about this whole internet shtick. I wouldn't count on this project to work, but I also wouldn't be stunned if it did.

9. Point of Order

Always bet on black... or red.

(or green)

10. jlee

jlee Well-Known Member

"Dixieland Delight" is one of the few books I have read in one sitting. It's light and fun, but parts of it such as "rating the ladies of the SEC" are sophomoric and a testament to why I've never read his column.

11. Rockbottom

Rockbottom Well-Known Member

Site went live today ... Interesting, indeed!

rb

Draft saved Draft deleted