1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Clay Travis and his take on the LeBron vandalism

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Moderator1, Jun 5, 2017.

1. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Travis is an excellent troll. Skilled debater. You can't just juxtapose all his sophistry and aggressive bullshit with someone who doesn't bring those kind of tactical skills to the table.

Rachel Maddow would knock him on his ass and Megyn Kelly, were she so inclined - on this issue, I'm not sure she would be - would, too. Bonnie Bernstein, Sally Jenkins...I think of those women. But not just any female co-host is gonna beat the guy.

Now, there'll always be liberals who mistake being right for being convincing. One can be right about something and fall on their ass trying to be convincing about it. Liberals have had their asses handed to them all over American politics because they figure people can see the sheer "rightness" of your argument at all times. Well, they can't.

wicked likes this.
  2. Just the facts ma am

Just the facts ma am Well-Known Member

3. cisforkoke

cisforkoke Well-Known Member

The puzzling reference to Tiger Woods is more evidence that sportswriters lose their minds in regard to Woods. It's been a 20-year thing, and it'll go for another 20.

4. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

I am curious as to why the LAPD hasn't released the photo. There's probably a good reason. Maybe they don't release crime-scene photos as a matter of practice. But I think they should say that in order to quell the irresponsibility of people like Travis, who is a brilliant self-marketer.
    As he has said many times in his various platforms, he has worked on several political campaigns, all of which were for Democrats. But he began to make a living writing about SEC football, and he has had the good business sense to play to that base in recent years. This is exactly what his SEC crowd wants.

BurnsWhenIPee and HanSenSE like this.
  5. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

:rolleyes:

6. Just the facts ma am

7. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I don't know if this is related in anyway but the entire -" these NBA finals are terrible" are drawing 20 mil. a game, highest since Jordan. Comey's testimony that riveted the nation - 20 mil total viewers.

8. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

The Finals are on in prime-time on strategically selected high-viewership nights. Comey was on in the middle of a work day afternoon.

YankeeFan likes this.
  9. Just the facts ma am

PFT Commenter for the lulz:

"9. It has now been two week’s and we have yet to receve any video evidence from Clay Travis that his son was afflicted by head lice discrimnation. In todays day in age where cameras are as ubiquitous as thesauruses, someone should of produced video of the alleged incident where Clay’s family was briefly inconvenienced while returning from a European vacation. Its so easy to play the lice card and expect everyone to just accept it as a blind truth, but arent we owed more then that? Every day lice hustlers invent, or exaggerate incidence of discrimination in order to generate more clicks, a higher profile in the media world, or simply engender sympathy from reader’s. I’m not saying that this is what Clay is doing, but we have receved absolutely no evidence to the contrary."

Barstool Sports

(referencing this Delta Pulled My Family Off Its Planes On Saturday)

10. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Draft saved Draft deleted