1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Clay Travis and his take on the LeBron vandalism

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Moderator1, Jun 5, 2017.

1. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

2. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Had no idea the "graffiti had been painted over." Just assumed there were pictures. Then again, it does raise a red flag in this day and age when visual evidence of anything isn't plastered all over social media. If there really is no evidence, then the media IS being irresponsible. Seems odd they would run with a story if there was no hard evidence.

3. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Clay definitely knows his audience. And that's why he worked the angle so hard. He knows a dog whistle when he sees one. Still, he raises valid points. Why the hell would they paint over the slur? A lot doesn't add up. Most likely it was some staffer who was just not thinking clearly and decided to cover it up asap in as much as a town worker might do the same if he sees graffiti on a monument. But still, the series of events should be clarified.

4. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Damnit, I was going to mention "dog whistle" would be the first hit in sj thread bingo!

5. Moderator1

Same - I'd only heard of the story, hadn't read much about it.

6. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

I'm just surprised he wrote this before Curt Schilling...

7. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

And the NAACP continues to show They are Him. Ludicrous knee-jerk response even if there was hard evidence.

8. Moderator1

The tweet I saw yesterday was more of a direction accusation

9. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

#redmeattweet

10. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Story of boy who died in Santa's arms begins to unravel - CNN.com

11. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Jury Rules ‘Rolling Stone’ Defamed UVA Dean In Its ‘Jackie’ Rape Story

12. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Had forgotten those. Was thinking more about big national stories. Can you think of one recently that proceeded without any hard evidence?

Draft saved Draft deleted