1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Clay Travis and his huge ego

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by SockPuppet, Aug 26, 2009.

1. SockPuppet

SockPuppet Active Member

Just listened to this podcast of Clay Travis being interviewed by a couple of butt licking radio hosts. About the 15-minute mark he gets into the Tebow saving himself for marriage question.
    Clay: Congrats on building a 3-story house based on book sales (bought by toothless, in-bred SEC fans who will buy ANYTHING about foobaw). You need your own show powered sponsored by Stihl ... because you're a giant tool.

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

This was discussed ad nauseum on the SEC media Days thread and others.
    Fuck Clay Travis.

3. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

A frequent CBSsports.com contributor I know told me that Travis is firmly convinced he's the smartest guy in any room he enters. We can only hope the 15 minutes are up soon.

4. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

And the funniest. Except he writes just like Bill Simmons and every other blogger in the world.

At least when Bill did it, he was the first.

5. I'm sure him asking St.Tebow about his sexual history had nothing to do with his book release. Nothing at all.

6. SockPuppet

SockPuppet Active Member

Omar swings ... it is high, it is far, it is ... spot on.

7. Dan Hickling

Dan Hickling Member

I'd never heard of Clay Travis until I saw this thread ... guess I don't get out enough ...

8. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

You're just too busy trying to find work for SJ freelancers.

9. Dan Hickling

Dan Hickling Member

a labor of love, to be sure.. ;D

10. HappyCurmudgeon

HappyCurmudgeon Well-Known Member

I didn't know who this guy was but the name Clay Travis alone told me that it was SEC related.

11. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

I, too, have never heard of Clay Travis.
    I will ask my friends on the Alabama and MSU beats to fill me in.
    Or maybe I'll click on the posted link.

12. Cousin Jeffrey

Cousin Jeffrey Active Member

He did write one of my favorite random online screeds in recent years when he paid homage to Jefferson Pilot Sports a few years back. CBSSportline doesn't have it up anymore, and this is the only republication I could find. For anyone who remembers waking up to Kentucky-Miss St. football in high school and college, you'll look fondly at this story. The rest of you miserable SOBs will just say it sucks...

http://kentuckysportsradio.com/?m=20060808

Draft saved Draft deleted