1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Clay Nation wants quiz bowl

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by JayFarrar, Jun 11, 2008.

1. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

http://cbs.sportsline.com/spin/story/10862001
    Since I'm sure some of the pajama wearing bloggers are floating around here.
    Maybe instead it can be an SportsJournalists.com challenge and no money toward charity, but each side has to STFU for a day.
    Like, if the bloggers lose, TBL or one of the others has to go quiet for a day and if the media types lose, then no column, or column explaining how and why they lost.

I nominate Birdscribe, Jeopardy! champion, to be first up.

2. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

An employee of cbssportsline who shall go unnamed said Mr. Travis is the classic Know-it-All, who fervently believes he's the smartest guy in the room. Of course with every paragraph he writes, he completely dispels that notion.
    Fuck him and his bonehead challenge. It ain't about PJs in Mom's basement. It's about accountability for what you write, and taking absolutely every opportunity there is to burn someone or some thing.

3. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

I think we all can name about 50 blogs who prove bloggers are morons, yet another handful that dispel that notion.

4. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

A very small handful -- about as big as an infant's hand.

5. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

At first I thought this was another Clay Aiken thread. Imagine the questions in THAT quiz bowl.

Draft saved Draft deleted