1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Classic TV series "The Fugitive."

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by old_tony, Jun 21, 2012.

1. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

They're running an episode of this old classic every Sunday night on my local "MeTV" station.

Great television much of the time, but I've come to realize that Barry Morse as Lt. Sam Gerard has to have been the worst actor to ever play a major role in a successful television show. Stiff as all hell yet still overacts every facial expression. He was just awful. I suppose there's a good reason I've never seen him in anything else.

Just an observation for older generation SJ. Carry on.

EDIT: Holy crap, just finished watching an episode and Chick Hearn was playing a television newsman.

2. Joe Williams

Joe Williams Well-Known Member

My recollection is, Morse was Canadian and not exactly a natural in playing a police detective from the Midwest. I recall, when seeing some reruns, Lt. Gerard talking about bringing Richard Kimble back to justice in "Indi-AHHna."

Uh, no, no one in the U.S. pronounced it that way.

But he was a stern SOB and the idea of having him stalking you relentlessly did make him a decent weekly threat to David Janssen's attempts to find that damn one-armed bastard.

3. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Go to the last minute of this clip to see Chick Hearn playing the TV newsman.

4. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

Wasn't that Stuart Margolin (Angel from the Rockford Files) as Hearn's assistant? I also recognized character actors Richard Jaeckel, John Fiedler and Joseph Campanella in that clip.

Draft saved Draft deleted