1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Classic license plate

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by micropolitan guy, Apr 14, 2007.

1. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

I'm partial to license plates that look and feel like they were made in a prison. Plain colored with raised lettering. New ones in my state have the vinyl-like smooth surface and they just feel cheap. Which I'm sure they are, and all money saved goes to fixing the roads ::)

2. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

3. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

Always liked the poster that had the preamble written out in license plates.
    As far as plates go, I saw a picture recently (Can't find it now) of the Maryland plate with whatever the hell bird they have on their plates that read: H5N1
    Clever, subtle. I liked it.

4. Satchel Pooch

Satchel Pooch Member

Couldn't agree more, which is why I don't want to give my current set up. The new ones look like they come out of a vending machine, not a pipe-hitter's hard-working hands.

5. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

At one point I was convinced that someday I would have the custom license plate ESC 4P3.

Then I graduated from high school.

6. Monday Morning Sportswriter

Monday Morning Sportswriter Well-Known Member

Custom plates are cheap in Virginia.

7. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Boots, they're calling your name.

[​IMG]

Draft saved Draft deleted