1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

classic herm edwards

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by shockey, Jan 1, 2007.

1. RAMBO

RAMBO Member

I'm callin it an upset right now that the Chiefs will beat the Colts in the first round.

2. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

If Herm is such a fraud, why are all the Jets fans so pissed that he left?

Kansas Jayhawk fans are quick to call Roy Williams overrated, too. The lesson here? Take everything a whiny fan boy says with a grain of salt.

3. BYH

BYH Active Member

Oh yeah, Jets fans are pissed he left. They're so pissed, they forgot there's a playoff game this weekend in Foxboro.

4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Well put. And the thing Jets fans were pissed about was that Edwards was full of crap during the entire process. Everybody knew he might to Kansas City before the season even ended and Edwards fed everyone several lines of bullshit before heading out of town.

5. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

That line is inaccurate. But still funny.

6. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

We do? Since when? I've called him every variation of a traitor, but I never called him overrated. Roy Williams going to break Bobby Knight's win record someday. He's a damn good coach ... unlike Herm Edwards.

7. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Given that people were saying the same thing within an hour of the playoff pairings being set, you aren't exactly going out on a limb.

8. Almost_Famous

Almost_Famous Active Member

Herm 'not a damn good coach' Edwards has now been to the playoffs two of the last three years. He's terrrrrrrible. The pits.

Hey, did the Chiefs make the playoffs last year under Vermeil?

Say the shit you want about 'lucky' field goals, rip him for bad 'game management' and trash him as a fraud. Don't give a shit. I'm not related to the guy. I'm just saying, as a coach, the man wins games.

* I'm just keeping this about Herm as a coach. Hats off to Mangini for an amazing job this season. He's been incredible. Amazing what he's done with that roster. Coach of the Year candidate for sure.

9. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Nope, but they did win one more game than they did this season.

10. pallister

pallister Guest

He should win games, because that's what his teams play for.

11. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

HELLO!

12. BYH

BYH Active Member

ZING.

A_F, stick around a few years and see how Herm mismanages the Chiefs into irrelevancy. you may be the last man in America to see Herm as a fraud. but you will. oh yes you will.

Well, you may be next-to-last, after Pimp Master JDub.

Draft saved Draft deleted