1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

classic herm edwards

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by shockey, Jan 1, 2007.

1. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Marshall Patain was the winningest French general of 20th Century.

2. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Being the winningest Jets coach in 20 years is akin to being the tallest midget. Not a great compliment, considering some of the disasters that strode the Shea Stadium and Giants Stadium sidelines.

3. DyePack

DyePack New Member

Herm is no Jeremy Roenick when it comes to an interview.

4. BYH

BYH Active Member

And it'll never stop with you pulling the "winningest coach of the past 20 years" jive.

The Jets were a horseshit franchise before Parcells arrived. Being the winningest coach there is no accomplishment. And, again, he left the Jets as soon as the going got rough. Funny how Mangini makes the playoffs in year one with an incredibly lean roster, isn't it? Herm couldn't wait to quit on that team yet Mangini sent it to the playoffs. That team would have gone 1-15 under Herm. Guaranteed.

As for missing Trent Green...did you see him the last few weeks? They don't make the playoffs with Green behind center all season. Damon Huard saved their season. Well, that and some guy named Larry Johnson.

All we need now is the pimp clown from KC to chime in and this discussion will be complete.

5. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Way to contribute nothing, Stupid. Go write your book and leave the adults alone. While you're at it, suck the Big 10 off.

6. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

I fail to see how that example qualifies as lucky. Kickers make six figures to put the ball through the uprights. Holders are holders because they can put down any snap that isn't bounced to them. The Jets' FG unit executes properly and it's luck?

Nope. Don't think so.

I think part of Herm's response might have been to JoPo's column today, which basically says that Herm is lucky.

Yeah, KC's berth is fortunate. But again, they won. Tennessee, Cincy and Denver didn't. Do you expect Herm to apologize? The NFL is the second toughest postseason to make, and is the most highly competitive league by far.

If Denver, Cincy or Tennessee wanted to play, they would have found a way to win a home game.

7. BYH

BYH Active Member

Trust me. It was a horseshit snap and it was the longest kick of the year for Hall...who, a year earlier, missed a chippy that would have put the Jets in the playoffs.

That he made that kick was a stroke of incredibly good fortune.

And as a Chiefs fan, I look forward to the day you see the world the way I see it: With Herm as a big giant fraud.

8. DyePack

DyePack New Member

[​IMG]

9. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I doubt it. That Steelers team was better during the regular season than the current Chiefs. They were 10-6 and that was with Tommy Maddox giving two games away while Ben Roethlisberger was hurt.

Unlike the Chiefs, who had Huard step in and do a decent job with Green out, the Steelers' top backup quarterback wasn't even serviceable.

And Charlie Batch was coming off missing an entire season with a torn ACL, so he wasn't the same quality reserve last year that he was this season.

If you can even slow Larry Johnson out, the Chiefs are pretty lousy. We saw that when the Steelers were in the middle of losing six of seven games and playing like complete garbage. The one victory was a complete dismantling of Kansas City.

And the top two teams in the AFC, the Ravens and Chargers, both have excellent run defenses.

10. pallister

pallister Guest

BYH,

I'm sure you know the Chiefs were a fraud long before Herm arrived. Just sayin'

11. BYH

BYH Active Member

I'll take your word on it.

But now they've got a humongous fraud running 'em.

12. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

BYH, I sucked off the Big 10. 8)
    Give Dye another conference to fellate on.

Draft saved Draft deleted