1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

classic herm edwards

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by shockey, Jan 1, 2007.

1. BYH

BYH Active Member

I agree, but this is a guy who has been caught in a million lies as a coach. You know he's lying when his mouth is moving. He's someone no one ever believes.

Herm suckered a lot of people. Including A_F and broom boy.

2. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Why do you hate America so much?

3. BYH

BYH Active Member

ohhh help me Ragu! help me! I heard a man cursing downstairs! HEELLLLP!!! :D :D :D

4. Almost_Famous

Almost_Famous Active Member

Buddy - Trent Green threw for 4,000 yards the last three seasons. When he is healthy, you start him. ESPECIALLY when your backup just had a stinker against then-shitty Miami. Case closed.

How many times do people need to say it: THe Jets didn't fall apart when 'Parcells leftovers were gone' ... his top options at QB were INJURED!! Fucking Brooks Bollinger was seeing significant playing time!

Ok, i gotta get to a bar and watch the Cowboys and LSU win so i can make some money off bets.

5. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

I'd never help a guy with such a shitty haircut.

6. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

Rags... what the fuck is that photo of?

7. BYH

BYH Active Member

Oh to live in a simple world like A_F, where someone who threw for 4,000 yards under Dick Vermiel is still a 4,000-yard passer even though Herm Edwards is his coach. Guess what? IT'S THE SYSTEM!!!! Trent Green IS NOT the same QB he was now that Herm is fucking up the offense. God, this is so simple.

Nice development of players by Herm. AGAIN: Eric Mangini earned a playoff berth with a bunch of players who went 4-12 under Herm. No QB or not, that was a shitass team last year. Mangini turned chicken shit into chicken salad. Herm would have gone 2-14. I know this is hard for you to understand, since your hard-on for Herm is so large it obstructs your eyesight.

You must have some friends who feed you betting info. Based on these threads, I have no clue how you win money at this.

8. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Hey that was almost a third of Chiefs plays -- total O plays 45 . Typical Edwards game. Jets fans got to see it first hand. Herm plays to lose in big games. Only 45 effin plays - the ghost of Paul Hackett had to be lurking.

Average# of NFL plays run - 60

Average Edwards plays run - less than 50

9. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

Posnanski nails it:

10. BYH

BYH Active Member

Yup. that nails it.

Herm cannot coach. One single lick.

11. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

Simplistic, know-nothing feel to that column.

The Chiefs don't have the wideout talent to be competitive with anyone if Shields, Wiegmann and Waters are being dominated.

Cheap, inaccurate column.

Though, I also believe Herm can't coach. That fact is mutually exclusive of what happened today.

12. broadway joe

broadway joe Guest

I agree. It's easy to say the Chiefs should have done something else once they saw that the run game wasn't there. But what exactly were they supposed to do? Magically transform Eddie Kennison and Samie Parker into game-breaking receivers? Larry Johnson had to have a big day for the Chiefs to win. There was no other way. You could fault KC for not finding a blocking scheme that would open some holes for LJ, but if you think they should have somehow re-invented their offense after 16 regular season games, you're crazy.

Draft saved Draft deleted