1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

classic herm edwards

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by shockey, Jan 1, 2007.

1. shockey

shockey Active Member

he went off on a rant today on how the chiefs didn't back into the playoffs -- before anyone even asked him. best defense a good offense.

my favorite: "i wasn't born at night."

hey, herm, it's, "i was born at night -- but it wasn't last night."

2. BYH

BYH Active Member

Another lucky playoff berth in his first year (how about John Hall kicking a 52-yd FG OFF A BAD SNAP in Oakland to get the Jets in the playoffs in '01?) will only feed those who are snookered by Herm. "But he brings teams to the playoffs right away!" Yeah? Let's see what he does when he's not inheriting other people's talents.

Fraud. Biggest fraud in the game.

3. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

You play to back into the playoffs.

Guy lucked out, too. Getting the Colts and their porous run defense? Chiefs will be in the second round and he'll revel in the praise thrown his way.

4. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

How much do you guys think gets made of the Dungy-Edwards connection this week? My guess is maybe too much.

5. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

Could their luck help them to become this year's Steelers?

6. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Nope. If they get past the Colts, the Chargers will kick the hell out of them.

7. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

I don't agree. First, they know each other. Division rivals and all that. Second, when's the last time Marty kicked the hell out of ANYBODY in the playoffs? Answer: 1994. Which also happens to be KC's last playoff victory.

Marty fuckin' sucks in the playoffs. SD will probably beat KC, provided KC gets past Indy. But Baltimore or New England will win the AFC.

I don't know what the hell Herm is so agitated about, but he does have a point. KC won on Sunday. The other three teams didn't.

8. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

You know what Marty's X Factor will be this year?

LaDanian Tomlinson.

9. pallister

pallister Guest

Like it was against the Jets (and a certain coach) a couple of years back?

10. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Herm and the Jets nearly blew that game. He was saved by rookie Nate Kaeding (sp) blowing a kick in OT. Herm blew the game in Pittsburgh, blaming the loss on Santana Moss (calling time out) and Doug Brien (for not making two field goals from forty-plus at Heinz Field, statistically the hardest stadium for kickers to make long field goals).

Trust me on this: Herm will find a way to blow a playoff game.

11. Almost_Famous

Almost_Famous Active Member

Ahhh. More Herm bashing. The guy is the winningest Jets coach in the last 20 years, and then he went to KC and took a beat-up team that lost its QB for 6 weeks (?) to the playoffs. It'll never stop with you guys. Funny stuff.

12. pallister

pallister Guest

Hey, I don't think the Chiefs will win against the Colts. Just pointing out that Marty losing in the playoffs with a better team isn't out of the question. I hope he fnally gets to the SB. I've had enough with the Patriots and my feelings on the Ravens are somewhere in the vicinity of supreme loathing.

Draft saved Draft deleted