1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Classic Ebert...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by BadgerBeer, Apr 1, 2010.

1. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I thought it was about unisex bathrooms and dancing babies.

2. TwoGloves

TwoGloves Well-Known Member

That's a masterpiece. Exposes that whole series for what it really is, crapola.

3. Double J

Double J Active Member

Pretty good stuff. But, seriously, people with brains and taste don't really need such a reminder to stay far, far away.

As for the guys who will be dragged to the multiplex to see this piece of shit, the poor schmucks who Ebert thinks will delight in the cleavage both at the theatre and on the screen, what good will any of the visuals do them?? They will have handed in their man cards, along with their balls, as they walked through the door.

4. Second Thoughts

Second Thoughts Active Member

Same here. I had a male friend tell me once that if I could watch more than 10 minutes of that show at one setting he'd give me $10. I couldn't do it.

Ebert's classic in this review. It'll still be a hit because, people in general, for the most part, are idiots.

5. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

I like Sex and the City. But I'm fully aware that it's awful.

6. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I liked this explanation of the show.

Women watch it because they like it.
    Men watch it because there's nudity.

7. ucacm

ucacm Active Member

A friend of mine that is the general manager at a multiplex has already seen this movie and agrees with Ebert's review. She is a huge fan of the show and described the first movie as "the perfect ending." On the other hand, she described the second movie as a contrived piece of crap.

8. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

The last line of the review proves once again that Ebert wears his personal arousals on his sleeve. You read that and you see why Ebert was Russ Meyer's muse.

9. wedgewood

wedgewood Member

Ebert's Deuce Bigalow thrashing is great fun to read. 'Grownups' stars Sandler, Schneider and Spade. I can't wait to see how he rips it to shreds.

10. JR

JR Well-Known Member

HC had six hours between auditions today so she went to see Sex and the City2 thinking that I probably wasn't interested. Ya think?

I do admit that I used to watch the TV show (reruns?) after getting back from ER's Friday night hockey games. After a couple of glasses of scotch, the show was bearable. Their self-absorption was stunning

Draft saved Draft deleted