1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Classic albums?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by John B. Foster, Jan 16, 2019.

1. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

What are you searching for that you thought it might pop up?

2. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Remrmbering the topic, I did an image search on Tatum O'Neal Paper Moon. Lots of her in underwear/ t-shirts but the topless ones seem to be gone. Probably illustrating the difference between 1974 and 2019.

3. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

As mentioned earlier, Marquee Moon is such an awesome album.

Others I consider classics in my collection;
    Who's Next
    Darkness on the Edge of Town
    Highway 61 Revisited
    London Calling
    Speaking In Tongues

4. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

Agreed.

I could only think of KISS on their latest farewell (this time we really mean it) tour. It's bad enough to perform cynically and passionless (Medageth) or to sound terrible (Mastodon) but KISS manages to do both.

5. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Hey, I am going to the KISS show in Toronto in August (plenty of local fans are pissed assuming their show here in March is really the last one)! I love The Who but this latest, Townshend/Daltrey/orchestra thing, seems like even more of a blatant moneygrab than some of their other tours.

As for Rush, I hadn't seen them since the Moving Pictures tour but I know loads of people who saw them on their last tour and said they still brought it on stage.

6. DanielSimpsonDay

Hope you have a blast, man.

Singer and Thayer are professionals and can still deliver the goods. Paul still gives his all but there isn't much there anymore. Not his fault - dude is just older and time isn't kind to a voice like his. Gene has been mailing it in for years but I have to give him credit for being so upfront about his motives.

This could be interesting...

https://www.vinnievincentlive.com/

7. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

I saw KISS a few years ago in a smaller venue outside Toronto and they were great. All that stuff you say is spot on, but it's still a great show and for Huggy Jr, a 19-year-old who has never seen them, it should be pretty cool.

DanielSimpsonDay likes this.
  8. DanielSimpsonDay

Just to put you and Jr. in the proper frame of mind. August is a long way off but it's never too early to get revved up.

9. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

Didn't see one mention of U2's Joshua Tree, which for sure meets the "Press Play" definition.

10. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Oh my. Thanks for sharing this.

11. DanielSimpsonDay

Sober Ace reminds you of how influential and pioneering some of his stuff is. Fucked Up Ace skips being bad and vaults right into depressing embarrassment. It's very nice to see him whole again.

John 5 is a monster. He can play anything...

Hot for Teacher
    Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love
    Two Minutes To Midnight
    Cat Scratch Fever
    Seek and Destroy
    Man In The Box
    Thunderkiss '65
    Dead Skin Mask
    Detroit Rock City
    Burn
    Roxanne
    Limelight
    No More Tears (bass line)
    ???
    Kashmir
    The Beautiful People
    Killing In The Name
    Walk
    Beat It (whole song)

...and he can also play on anything.

12. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

I had never heard of this guy but that medley is pretty cool.

As for Ace he caused more kids in the 70s to pick up the guitar than any guy not named Eddie Van Halen. One of the greats.

Draft saved Draft deleted