1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Clark Rockefeller

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 93Devil, Aug 6, 2008.

1. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

I have the article in my car. I'll check back in a bit. The story I read about this was in the Post.

2. Songbird

OK, it was the Daily News. The woman who I remember from N.H. and who was quoted is a museum curator in Cornish.

"All of the Rockefellers I've had the pleasure to meet have been very down-to-earth. You recognize noblesse oblige, and this gentleman did not have it," is the quote she gave about Clark Rockefeller.

3. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

"noblesse oblige"

I get sick of seeing that term in quotes.

I think Bubby Brister used to use it when he played for the Steelers.

Is the blue needed?

4. Songbird

quick threadjack about Daily News ...

Lupica's column that day started OK then freefell into some bizarre vortex of fail. Does he always just write one-sentence musings on things he thinks about while on the toilet? Can't he limit himself to 25 inches, or does he really need an entire page? Like I said, the first half was OK. I don't read him mostly because his demeanor on The Sports Reporters makes me wanna gouge out my eyeballs. But for any regular readers of his, does he write about one topic then devolve into 15-20 one-sentencers?

Back to Clark Rockefeller.

5. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

I love seeing this unravel.

http://www.nypost.com/seven/08072008/news/regionalnews/family__we_know_who_fake_rockefeller_is_123454.htm

By JEANE MacINTOSH
    The man who calls himself Clark Rockefeller
    Last updated: 12:53 pm
    August 7, 2008
    Posted: 12:38 pm
    August 7, 2008

A Connecticut family believes the phony Rockefeller who kidnapped his own daughter and is eyed in the disappearance of a California couple, was the strange German student who lived with them in the early 1980s.

Steve Savio said he is certain that the man known as Clark Rockefeller stayed with his family in Berlin, Conn., for seven months in 1980-1981

6. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

Crazy stuff...

Draft saved Draft deleted