1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Clarion-Ledger Ole Miss beat

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by RustyHampton, Aug 22, 2007.

1. Moland Spring

Moland Spring Member

The C-L's Mississippi State beat reporter Shanky McBadgolfshots is not interested in switching beats, sources tell Moland Spring.

2. Bill Horton

Bill Horton Active Member

awww come on ... don't go with this unnamed sources stuff. This isn't Watergate. Name your sources.

3. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Why would someone want to move from Starkville to Oxford? ;D

4. John

John Well-Known Member

Stunningly, Shanky prefers Starkville to Oxford. The traitor.

5. Raoul Duke

Raoul Duke Member

I'll second that. Dave's definately a top notch guy.

6. 2underpar

2underpar Active Member

starkville has old waverly, which hosted a u.s. women's open a few years back. it's quite possible that the C-L's MSU beat guy enjoys losing golf balls on that course, which is where he does the majority of his beat work from. not sure oxford has anything remotely as nice.

7. Rusty Shackleford

Rusty Shackleford Active Member

Dave's a great guy, and I'm sure he'd do a excellent job covering Ole Miss. But then again, I'm sure his boss, the No. 2 Rusty on this site, already knows that.

8. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

technically, old waverly is about 20 miles away, isn't it? worth the short drive, tho ...

9. Twenty-four miles, Henry.

I mean, that's what I'm told...

10. HoopsMcCann

HoopsMcCann Active Member

i second everything said here, especially the andy kennedy part

11. times38

times38 Member

he'd make an excellent choice. I came across him several times last year and thought he did a great job.

and as I said before, I've only talked to Rusty on the phone once, but I've heard nothing but good things about him.

12. Rockbottom

Rockbottom Well-Known Member

Shanky McBadgolfshots is a welcher who owes me a high-end steak. That is, unless he arranges us that Old Waverly tee time posthaste ... :)

rb

Draft saved Draft deleted