1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Clarion-Ledger Ole Miss beat

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by RustyHampton, Aug 22, 2007.

1. earlyentry

earlyentry Member

Mississippi will surprise people in basketball this year with an NCAA bid out of SEC. Would love this gig if I had experience. Good luck to those who applied.

2. dargan

dargan Active Member

Same here. Ole Miss can be a little too dandy, but the scenery (of all kinds) would be quite impressive. I hold it against myself that I have yet to experience The Grove.

3. FuerteJ

FuerteJ Active Member

You forget the sarcasm?

Jesus, dude. Do you even know Mighty? I do, and I think he does a good job. If you don't, keep the sniping off the jobs board.

As for working at the C-L, I don't know much about it. I do know that you'll work with some pretty durn good people, including the MSU writer. I've heard nothing but wonderful things about the C-L, and I know Oxford can be a good town. It's pretty, and I've heard from numerous people that Andy Kennedy is good to work with.

4. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

I'm not Rapoport.

(I always wanted to say that.)

But I will vouch for this being a good opportunity for somebody flexible enough to get their butt in gear and help bail them out at a tough moment. And I must add my voice to the chorus that always praises Rusty. I have nothing bad to say about him ... and people who know me know how rare that is.

5. accguy

accguy Member

I appreciate any SE who has been to the Dungeon.

6. Moland Spring

Moland Spring Member

I'm sorry, but this needs to be said: If you're single, you might, well, enjoy Oxford. It's, you know, nice.

7. and if you're not?

8. Moland Spring

Moland Spring Member

Still a cool place and a great paper. I'm just saying...

9. I have heard awesome things about this paper as well. Have known a couple people who have worked there. Just wondering what kind of circulation this paper has and what kind of salary are we talking about too. Who owns the C-L by the way and do they have good benefits?

10. clarkington

clarkington Member

Rusty, just curious. Are you considering your Jackson State writer for this? Worked with him in the past. He's the man. I'm just saying.
    Also, was at your recruiting seminar at APSE in St. Louis. Awesome. Nuff said.

11. Buckeye12

Buckeye12 Member

Circ is right around 100K. It's a Gannett shop.

12. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

It's a very good paper and I've known Rusty since he was covering UK... Great guy. Seems like he would be a great SE...

Draft saved Draft deleted