1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Clarion-Ledger Ole Miss beat

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by RustyHampton, Aug 22, 2007.

1. RustyHampton

RustyHampton Member

This job will be posted soon on APSE.
    We have internal candidates but also will advertise nationally. As you can imagine, we need to fill this quickly.

Ole Miss beat writer: The Jackson Clarion-Ledger has an immediate opening for an Ole Miss beat writer. The reporter lives in Oxford and is responsible for coverage of Ole Miss football, basketball AND baseball. The right person is someone who is interested in much more than going to ballgames, someone who isn’t afraid to dig, who breaks news, writes features and develops enterprise. To apply, send a cover letter and clips to rhampton@clarionledger.com or mail to Rusty Hampton, Sports Editor, The Clarion-Ledger, PO Box 40, Jackson, MS, 39205. No phone calls please.

2. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

So, Rusty, should I just call you?

3. satchmo

satchmo Member

Where's Robbie going?

4. SEC Guy

SEC Guy Member

Back to the Morning News in Arkansas for family reasons.

5. Rockbottom

Rockbottom Well-Known Member

I hear Robbie is going to a features/columnist gig at old paper, NW Arkansas Morning News.

Good gig, good boss -- albeit one who hits his golf balls backwards.

rb

6. SEC Guy

SEC Guy Member

Robbie is a great kid who made the move for the right reasons. Whoever gets his old gig is very lucky because Rusty would be a tremendous boss.

7. Mighty_Wingman

Mighty_Wingman Active Member

Maybe I'm reading too much into it, but "a cover letter and clips" implies no resume. Which seems odd.

8. RustyHampton

RustyHampton Member

You're reading too much into it. I simply forgot the word resume. Resumes gladly accepted.

9. Ian.R.Rapoport

Ian.R.Rapoport New Member

I've been pretty clear about how tremendous I think the Clarion-Ledger is every time I post about it. Some candidate will be extremely lucky to work for this paper and for this boss. You just better be ready to write some enterprise (and maybe piss a few people off).
    That said, if anyone has any questions, shoot me a PM or email me.

Ian Rapoport
    Alabama beat reporter
    The Birmingham News
    irapoport@bhamnews.com

10. Mighty_Wingman

Mighty_Wingman Active Member

Thanks, Rusty.

EDIT: Mizzou, you really are a worthless cocksucker. And if I had to be as big a prick as you to work where you do, I'd kill myself.

11. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

And you wonder why you work where you do...

12. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Verifying what Ian said, Rusty is a class act. Good luck to all who apply here.

Draft saved Draft deleted