1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Clarion-Ledger designer/copy editor

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by RustyHampton, Apr 16, 2007.

1. RustyHampton

RustyHampton Member

The Jackson Clarion-Ledger will have an opening in a few months for a designer/copy editor. This person designs the section 3-4 nights per week and works copy desk 1-2 nights per week. We're looking for a person with excellent news judgement, someone who isn't afraid to do things differently with designs and story placement, someone who wants to be in charge of the section at night. This person will help post stories to our Web site. This is a nights and weekends job. We have fulltime beat writers covering Ole Miss, Miss. State, Southern Miss and Jackson State. We are the statewide paper for high school coverage. The Saints train in Jackson in the summer and we staff all their home games. If you need more information, e-mail rhampton@clarionledger.com. No phone calls, please.

Rusty Hampton
    Sports Editor
    The Clarion-Ledger

2. John

John Well-Known Member

Is Chaz leaving?

3. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

Rusty's doing a little something different this month.

First prize is a Cadillac convertible.
    Second prize, a set of steak knives.
    Third prize? You're fired.

4. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Go to lunch. Will you just Go. To. Lunch?

5. RustyHampton

RustyHampton Member

This got such tremendous response and readership it needs to be bumped back to the top. Yes, Chaz is leaving.
    We need a replacement by August. I need to hear from candidates much sooner than that. E-mail me if you need more information.

6. If you wouldn't mind, where is good ole Chaz off to?

7. John

John Well-Known Member

Chaz is going back to school. He's also doing the Nashville Marathon on Saturday.

8. Moland Spring

Moland Spring Member

This is a tremendous place to work with a great reputation. And yes, Rusty is, apparently, the best.

9. RustyHampton

RustyHampton Member

Bumping back to the top.
    This position will be open in August but I need to move on it now. Let me know if you're interested.

Draft saved Draft deleted