1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Cities that need new stadiums

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by boots, Sep 6, 2007.

1. STLIrish

STLIrish Active Member

Why does anyone "need" a new stadium? Sure, some NFL stadiums might be crap. But most are only used 8 days a year, plus the occasional concert. And it's football. It's not supposed to be about creature comforts.
    And by the way, 93Devil, Yankees Stadium is being replaced, "need" or not.

2. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

I'll raise you a Tropicana Field.

3. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

The most hideous NFL stadium still hasn't come up -- New Soldier Field.

4. Rusty Shackleford

Rusty Shackleford Active Member

St. Louis? Are you kidding? That stadium's what, 12 years old?

5. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Not unless SDSU wants to leave the MWC and join the Big West Conference.

6. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

How is Ralph Wilson Stadium?

7. Monday Morning Sportswriter

Monday Morning Sportswriter Well-Known Member

I love Ralph Wilson. Simple, workmanlike, no frills.

8. boots

boots New Member

Cincy's stadium is nice. It's not jaw-dropping, but it's a great place to watch a game.

[/quote]And Browns Stadium is just fine, and that's someone who can't stand the Browns. Boots is simply a moron. But we knew that already. [/quote]

I like Cleveland. I don't like the stadium. I'm a moron for not liking something? Get the fuck out here with the silly fucking comments.
    They weren't necessary. Stick to the topic and leave me out of your comment.

9. westcoastvol

westcoastvol Active Member

Cal-Berkeley has to be the biggest piece of shit stadium I've been in. Splintered wooden benches, gnarly port-a-potties, a press box that looks like a high school box...I know there are seismic and tree issues surrounding the stadium, but come. on.

Complete crapola.

10. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

After they're done with the wrecking ball in Cleveland, they should really do something about that shithole in Phoenix. What a dump. And by all means raze those ancient baseball stadiums in Pittsburgh and San Diego.

On a more serious (and informed) note, I would consider giving up my weekends to fly to Minneapolis and help with the construction work on the new ballpark. The old one can't go away fast enough.

11. CitizenTino

CitizenTino Active Member

I was in a long-distance relationship with a girl who lived on Michigan Ave. with a view of Soldier Field when that renovation was going on. Every time I came into town, I always looked out the window and wondered how the hell they were going to tie in the columns with the spaceship-looking new interior they were building. Nothing seemed to fit together as I watched it progress.

Lo and behold, the renovation is done, and it still doesn't look like anything fits. They should've either torn the whole place down and started over or tried to make something a little more true to what they had before.

12. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Well-Known Member

How dare you insult the Mothership! Barry and Levon will have your ass for this.

-------------

Not that anyone likely cares, but Aloha Stadium needs replacing (or at least a field without huge seams in it).

Draft saved Draft deleted