1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Cities that need new stadiums

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by boots, Sep 6, 2007.

1. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

And boots names Cleveland. Browns Stadium opened in 1999. It's *really* getting up there in age and showing wear and tear.

We have some real mensas on this site.

2. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Totally forgot Qualcomm. San Diego was a great site for the Super Bowl last time they were there (Oakland/Tampa), but man that stadium did everything it could to take away the big game feel.

3. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

RIP the scales over poindexter's eyes.

4. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

All of the California cities in the NFL need new stadiums. The NFL is used to municipalities bending over backwards to help build shiny new stadiums. The citizens of this state have a real hard time with that.

5. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

Most of baseball's stadiums are either aging well, have already been replaced or soon will be.

Except the Florida Marlins.

6. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

Don't ever question the great stoob.

7. IU90

IU90 Member

Cleveland's stadium is one of the newest in the league. The city and its taxpayers bout killed themselves to build one with all the luxury boxes and other bells and whistles necessary to get the Browns back. And Cleveland ain't exactly in a financially sound position as it is. The Browns won't be getting a new stadium for a LOONG time.

8. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Well, the Rogers Centre aka Skydome has to go.

It was the last multi-purpose stadium built and watching a ball game there (unless it's a sunny day and the roof is open) is akin to watching it in a mausoleum.

9. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

What do you want to bet that boots is letting his stereotype of the city impact his decision on the stadium?

10. DisembodiedOwlHead

DisembodiedOwlHead Active Member

Opens this time next year.

11. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Only in Detroit.

12. BYH

BYH Active Member

Twenty-three posts in and Starman hasn't posted?

Someone check on him. I'm worried. I may start a WHERE'S STARMAN thread.

Seriously? I agree that it's outdated, but it's not even 20 years old. I can't imagine Toronto is eager to knock it down.

Kinda sad to see how the SkyDome is so "out." For so long, it was viewed a piece of architectural (sp?) brilliance.

Draft saved Draft deleted