1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Citadel football has a slight problem with team chemistry

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by dixiehack, Mar 1, 2010.

1. Drip

Drip Active Member

It was a stress-related incident. He'll get off.

2. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Hey, after he ate the steaks he needed a nap. Give him a break. And besides, he was pissed his female visit "performed a sex act" but not on him. Bitch.

3. zebracoy

zebracoy Guest

Because I was under the impression the guy was older. It's not very often you see young college football cocahes.

It doesn't make the guy more apt to defend himself if he's younger, or any less innocent. It's just not that the player is assaulting some 60-year-old guy.

4. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Actually I get it completely. They are much closer in age. It is much easier to have less respect for your coach when he is only a few years older than you.

5. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

"The intruders bound Butler and the woman with duct tape and demanded to know where the money was, a police report stated. They smacked him in the face and ripped through his home, stealing a flat-screen television, a DVD player and several DVDS. One of the men also forced his female visitor to perform a sex act at gunpoint, a police report stated."

Should have bit it off.

6. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

Um, I'm still missing this -- what does the age of the victim have to do with a thug robbing, kidnapping and assaulting someone?

7. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

Actually, you see it all the time. They're not head coaches, or even coordinators, but many times the skill position coaches are guys a few years out of school. They serve a year or two as grad assistants, doing real grunt work, then hope to get hired somewhere.

To use an example I actually know, Georgia has former receiver Bryan McClendon coaching RBs; he graduated in 2005. Mike Bobo's the OC now; he graduated in 97 but has been on the Georgia staff since 2001. He was an assistant at Jacksonville State in 2000 and a GA at Georgia in 98 and 99.

Draft saved Draft deleted