1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Circuit City: Beginning of the end

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by HackyMcHack, Nov 3, 2008.

1. DirtyDeeds

DirtyDeeds Guest

I'm with you there. Not only a poor selection in most stores I've been in, but completely disorganized. If it's not a new release, good luck. I prefer CC for almost anything else, though.

2. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I'd rather shop at Circuit City than Best Buy 100 percent of the time.

3. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

A lot depends on individual store management. The Best Buy closest to my house is WAY better to deal with than the Circuit City. I have no doubt that in many cases the opposite is true.

4. RossLT

RossLT Guest

I have been to quite a few of each and never have I seen a Circuit City that was better to deal with than a Best Buy.

5. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I don't deal with any associates or management. I'm a Circuit City guy because of the lower prices on CDs, when I step away from Amazon.com for a trip in the sunlight.

6. RossLT

RossLT Guest

I am not familiar with this sunlight you speak of.

7. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

It's way overrated, dude. Sometimes, it even burns.

8. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Welcome to ABC Warehouse...

9. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Files for Chapter 11 this a.m.

http://www.inrich.com/cva/ric/news.apx.-content-articles-RTD-2008-11-10-0192.html

10. BartonK

BartonK Active Member

Circuit City has the most confusing layouts of any store I've ever been in. And there's always a lot of really expensive stuff right near the door, as if you'd pick up a giant flat-screen on an impulse buy.

11. jps

jps Active Member

moddy, just came on to see if that had been added .... same report said that DHL is bombing and, I believe they said, plans on basically shutting down U.S. shipping centers by the end of the year.

Draft saved Draft deleted