1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Circuit City: Beginning of the end

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by HackyMcHack, Nov 3, 2008.

1. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

Stick with names you know:

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  2. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

IJAG,

Sorry but I'd rather have a customer be asked three times than zero times. I did have an experience yesterday when someone did complain about "being swarmed" I just calmy answered them back with "I'm just making sure you are doing OK and it's not my intention to make you feel uncomfortable."

Customers will complain about NOT being greeted than about being greeted too many times.

What I'm saying is NOT a company line, it's how I prefer to deal with my customers. Also, management does look down on you if you don't greet someone who comes into your department or who is walking by.

Like I said, if you say you're just looking then I do leave you alone unless you need something. HOWEVER, I have had several instances where people say that and then get offended when I'm over helping another customer and can't answer their question about a product.

3. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Tommy,

We'll agree to disagree. I would much rather not have anyone talk to me until I need them. I'm not there to say 10 times that I'm fine.

4. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

When I'm looking at CDs or DVDs, I'd rather have no one approach me. I'm not retarded and can browse the titles arranged in alphabetical order.

However, when I'm looking at something like a DVD player or TV, please approach me and tell me where I can find you when I want to make my purchase.

5. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

Completely agree.

6. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

Hank, IJAG

Understood completely. I'm the same way when I'm shopping. Unfortunately, when you actually NEED somebody, it's all too common to find no one available to help you.

That being said, hopefully after Christmas I'll still have a job up there.

7. MacDaddy

MacDaddy Active Member

I'd be offended if people thought I worked at Best Buy, because it would mean they assumed I knew nothing about consumer electronics.

8. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

Anybody stop in to any of the Circuit City's that are closing yet?

After being closed Tuesday, they were supposed to start their closing sales today.

Just wondering how good the deals were.

9. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

NOBODY BEATS THE WIZ!!

10. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

The first round of closing sales are never very good, because the 10-20 percent discounts are offset by the fact they're coming off the retail price, since the deals they normally have are no longer in effect.

11. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I'm waiting for the next round of discounts at Linens and Things.

12. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

Don't bother.

Mrs. Birdscribe went in there not long after they announced the end was near. She picked up some item (not a Linen, but a 'Thing') and saw the price was marked UP.

What they were doing was marking their products up, so the "30-50% off" brought it down to what you'd normally pay. Nice little ploy to squeeze every buck out before the curtain comes down, but Mrs. B -- who liked shopping there -- was pissed.

Draft saved Draft deleted