1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Circuit City: Beginning of the end

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by HackyMcHack, Nov 3, 2008.

1. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

Last week Sony called back its deliveries intended for CC because of the potential lack of payment.

2. markvid

markvid Guest

That explains all the CA closings.

3. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

A good friend works at FedEx in central Ohio. He says to look for 'fire-sales' come January -- most of which will have the word 'closing' involved.

4. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

I'm shocked that the CC near my mom's house isn't closing. It's been rumored to be closing for close to a year.

I would shop at CC more often if there were one closer to my house. There are 2 Best Buy's within a couple of miles of my house.

5. pseudo

pseudo Well-Known Member

Damn. Not that I would've ever made it back there, but one of the stores on that list saved my ass while I was in Phoenix last month (replacement laptop power cord).

6. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

It's probably a store-by-store thing. I'm guessing the management at the CC near me is lacking. One of my buds used to work there part-time while he was in school, and he suggested much the same.

7. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Still got $350 in Circuit City store credit kicking around, and I'm debating whether to spend it now or hold out for the closure sales they've been talking about for weeks.

They're also running ads now offering 0 percent financing for 24 months on purchases of at least $999 and more. Wonder how the people who finance consumer purchases there feel about that, with the chain about to go under.

8. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Not when their commercials keep running while watching sporting events. The song basically was ruined for me after about the 20th time.

9. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Nowhere near as bad as "Saved by Zero," though.

10. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

Ugh. Those commercials are excruciating.

11. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Closest CC is an hour away in Louisville. Best Buy is a 15-minute drive.

12. zebracoy

zebracoy Guest

Really, really, really can't stand Best Buy anymore. They gave it to me rawdog twice within a year and have always gone to the Circuit City down the street in response.

I was so happy to see that my local one isn't on the hit list.

Draft saved Draft deleted