1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Circuit City: Beginning of the end

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by HackyMcHack, Nov 3, 2008.

1. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

In my neck of the woods, we have CC and BB right across the street from each other. Sometimes CC's worth going to if only because it's quieter, but compared to BB, the store has always been disorganized. A minor league operation.

2. I Digress

I Digress Guest

same way where I live. There's absolutely no point in going into the cc

3. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Same here. I never go to the CC. Feels like a seedy pawnshop.

4. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

The people who work at Best Buy just seem to know their products so much better.

You can say the same thing about Home Depot.

5. Magic In The Night

Magic In The Night Active Member

I disagree. That totally depends on the store. When I went in April with my George Bush tax rebate to go buy a new laptop, printer/scanner/fax, etc., I went to Best Buy intending to purchase. The staff was so dense and so nasty to me (the salesman walked away from mid-more than $1,500 sale to attend to a guy wanting a $30 cable) I walked out the door and drove across the street to Circuit City, where I purchased the whole mess and even had them come and hook everything up for $20. The service and tech people were soooo nice. I felt totally happy with my decision and still do.

6. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Here's the list of closings ...

http://gizmodo.com/5074947/the-complete-list-of-dead-circuit-city-stores

7. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

My town is spared, which is good, because its the only electronics store worth a damn here.

I prefer CC to Best Buy. Everytime I go to Best Buy, the service is fuckheadery.

8. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Honestly, I'm shocked one of their locations here isn't shuttering. Just the worst location I've ever seen. You actually have to know it's there, and can't get to it from one side of the street because it's right next to a entry/exit ramp.

9. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Somebody in the comments raised the point that Fry's is a big player in the markets vacated the most by CC.

10. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Circuit City had 10x better customer service than best buy but Best Buy had way more stock and lower prices.

11. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

Prices are generally lower at CC than Best Buy, but it depends on what I'm looking for. I'm a good comparison shopper :D

12. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

That's funny, Beaks, because we have a similar setup where I live and the Circuit City blows away BB in terms of service and organization.

The BB by me is a customer-service nightmare, which isn't saying anything new on that front, considering BB has de-emphasized customer service because it isn't good for the stock price.

I haven't found out if my CC is endangered, but I hope not. They've taken good care of me and issues I've had with my XM radio.

Draft saved Draft deleted