1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Cingular

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by spup1122, Feb 18, 2007.

1. patchs

patchs Active Member

There are always places to go to get permanent ringtones, so you don't have to use Sprint's.
    I had one Samsung phone and it sucked. It was a little more than a year old and the ear speaker went. I had to use an earpiece to listen to calls.
    I hope this works out for you Wicked.
    The woman I work with who signed up for the SERO plan is very happy with it. I've got 3 weeks til my VZW contract ends and it's hello SERO.
    Keep me updated.
    Also, try www.sprintusers.com for tips, tricks and advice on Sprint phones and service.

2. patchs

patchs Active Member

I got my Treo 700p on SERO last week and it kicks ass.
    This is the greatest cell plan of all time.
    The way to get it has changed, if anyone wants to get it, PM me and I'll be glad to help.
    BTW, it now offers free unlimited text messaging.

3. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

And Cingular has finally switched everything to AT&T....

4. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

Ever since AT&T bought Cingular the service has sucked!

5. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

Yup. I barely get service where I live, but they won't let me out of my contract without paying $175. Oh right, there's no hard copy of my contract since I reupped online. Damn shame that I'm going to have to bring that to their attention.

6. patchs

patchs Active Member

If any of you are unhappy with your current service, pay the $175 ETF and switch to Sprint. The money you'll save over the 2 years will pay for the ETF.
    Now if you don't live in a Sprint area, you're SOL.
    Wicked can tell you, this is the best plan in wireless.

7. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

I think it's ridiculous that I should have to pay $175 to get rid of a service because I moved to an area that gets minimal service.

8. MacDaddy

MacDaddy Active Member

I'm surprised about all the love for Sprint on here. I've heard nothing but bad things, and Sprint is consistently rated pretty poorly by Consumer Reports and the like.

9. MacDaddy

MacDaddy Active Member

I'm with T-Mobile and have been for four years after a bad experience with AT&T/Cingular; in my experience the service is exceptional and is consistently ranked high. Your plan seems pretty comprable to what's available elsewhere.

10. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

I have Nextel service (which is also Sprint), and have never had one problem with it1. Then again, I never have a reason to deal with customer service.

1Except for the time I left the phone on 14 days straight [recharging along the way]. Who knew that cell phones have to be rebooted every now and then?

11. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Um, I pay $49 a month for 900 anytime minutes, free Cingular to Cingular minutes (which most of my minutes are), plus $10 a month for more internet and texting than I'll ever use.

I'd say my plan is way better than yours. :D

Of course, I hate Cingular. But I hated Sprint too. I no longer trust anyone who says they love their cell phone provider, because I'm convinced they all suck donkey balls.

12. patchs

patchs Active Member

All I know is you get 500 anytime minutes, 7 p.m. nights and weekends, mobile to mobile, free unlimited Internet on your phone (high speed in a lot of areas), free unlimited text messaging, plus NFL Network and other Sprint TV and Radio offerings for only $30 a month.
    I challenge anyone to find a better plan.
    Again, PM me if you're interested.

Draft saved Draft deleted