1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Cingular

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by spup1122, Feb 18, 2007.

1. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

My battery power's not bad, which is good since I'm on the phone more than a Time-Life operator.

I can do a good 3 hour conversation at night, after having the phone with me all day and probably being on 5-6 shorter conversations, before I have to plug it in.

2. patchs

patchs Active Member

One of my coworkers just signed up for it, she just got a Razr and BT headset for under $90 and loves the plan.
    If you sign up Wicked, let me know what phone you get and how it works out.

3. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

One of the things I've seen over at Howard Forums is how crappy Sprint's customer service is. Don't know how accurate that is, since everyone on those boards always finds something to whine about. And Patchs, I'll def. let you know how it works out.

4. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

When does this offer end? I'm going to get out of my contract with Cingular when I get my get my tax refund and like this deal...

5. patchs

patchs Active Member

It lasts least until the end of 2007, but the e-mail address to enter the site may change after 2/28. I'm sure from the other boards I post on that the new one will be out there and if it does change, I will post it here.
    It is a helluva deal, free EVDO and 500 mins. for $30 a month, while VZW charges $80 for EVDO and 450 mins.

6. KYSportsWriter

Thanks. And what, exactly, does EVDO stand for? All I know is Cingular has been charging me a shitload of money for internets usage when I have a fucking plan that's supposed to charge me $14.99/month.

7. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

A quick google search gave me this wikipedia entry.

Evolution Data Optimized, whatever that means.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EVDO

8. KYSportsWriter

Thanks, H_S.

9. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Eveyrone take note, at least in my area, you can only get free EVDO with certain phones, and it's not the RAZR. Didn't really get a chance to sit and review the quality and availability of phones on that plan, but just an FYI.

10. patchs

patchs Active Member

EVDO is wireless broadband, speeds of at least 720 kbps.
    Sprint calls it Power Vision.
    Verizon charges $40 a month for it and that's only if you're already paying $40 for normal cell service.
    So PV on the SERO plan is a much better deal.
    I'm hoping Sprint has it going in my area in May. They're close (next metro area over) and a rep told me they should have it here by the end of the year even though 85 percent of the equipment is in place.

11. patchs

patchs Active Member

That list may be outdated.
    I would go on www.sprintusers.com and search for Razr and EVDO and see what comes up.
    Of course your market must be offering EVDO in the first place, duh.

12. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

So I took up Patchs on the aforementioned Sprint deal, and I've had the phone for about a month.

I seem to get service almost everywhere around here. Then again, I'm in a major market, and I never had signal issues before.

Haven't played around with the Internet stuff too much, but the fact that you can't buy ringtones permanently with Sprint's ringtone provider is kind of off-putting.

I have had people that say the sound on my phone is shitty. I don't know whether that's me not used to where to hold the phone (Samsung A-900) so the mic picks up my words or something else.

But the plan is cheap and there seem to be fewer hidden costs than I had with Verizon.

Draft saved Draft deleted