1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Cingular

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by spup1122, Feb 18, 2007.

1. leo1

leo1 Active Member

i've had the razr since last summer. no fucking clue if it's a v3 or v7 or v82 but i've never had a single problem with it.

2. John

John Well-Known Member

I just switched from Verizon to Cingular -- mainly because I wanted the Blackberry Pearl -- and I've got no complaints after the first five weeks. In fact, the signal strength seems to be better than Verizon's in the rural areas.

My Verizon phone was a Razr v3 or 3c, something like that, and overall I thought it was a very good phone. The flat buttons made texting a pain, but that's about the only negative I can come up with.

3. patchs

patchs Active Member

From someone who posts on www.howardforums.com
    First, stay away from Motorola phones. They're buggy and complicated to use.
    I had 2 Startacs back in the late 90s and I couldn't figure out how to do anything except make a call, too many steps to just save a phone number.
    Second, as it's been said here, every wireless company has its +s and -s, it varies on where you live (for coverage) and who you get when you call customer service.
    Now, if anyone out there is a wireless free agent or about to be, here's a great deal.
    Go to www.sprint.com/sero
    Type in holiday@sprint.com, then your zip.
    They have an incredible deal, 500 anytime minutes a month, nights start at 7 p.m., free nights and weekends, free roaming, free long distance and FREE wireless NET (high-speed if you live in one of Sprint's EVDO areas).
    All for $30 a month.
    Yep, that's right, $30.
    My contract with Verizon runs out in May and I'm moving to Sprint. This is too good a deal
    to pass up. You can get 1,200 minutes for $50.
    The phones include Blackberries, Treos and other popular models and they are decently priced.
    One of my coworkers ordered this last week, so I'll soon find out how it goes.

4. Clever username

Clever username Active Member

So does this mean you're not coming with me?

5. Clever username

Clever username Active Member

So, um, why don't you get a different phone?

6. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

I've had three Motorola phones (including the current one from Nextel, which uses only Motorola and Blackberry hardware) and have found them neither buggy nor complicated.

7. John

John Well-Known Member

A very good question.

8. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

Cingular sucks. It has an all-digital network, and I work in areas where I still need a tri-mode phone from time to time. I'm very happy with my Verizon service and phone.

9. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Everyone around me loves them some Verizon, but it's funny -- I have a work Verizon and a personal T-Mobile, and T-Mobile beats Verizon in signal strength more often than not. And the T-Mobile is a RAZR.

10. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Damn, Patchs, thanks for the info. I'm a wireless free agent at the moment, and that's the best deal I've seen in a long while.

11. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

I called T-Mobile last night because I was about to go over my minutes, and after a quick conversation with the guy I got an additional 50 bonus minutes just for asking. That's what I mean about good customer service.

Interesting though, that Sprint might be dropping below the $40 price floor that the cell companies have kept for years now.

12. markvid

markvid Guest

Hard to hear on the Razrs, and the battery has less energy than an anorexic supermodel.

Draft saved Draft deleted