1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Cingular

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by spup1122, Feb 18, 2007.

1. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

I have Nextel (or is that NEXTEL?), which is also Sprint. The only problem I have had with the phone was of my own making (they have to be rebooted every so often? who knew?) and the walkie-talkie mode is wonderful for my preferred style of phone conversations (which is to say "short and to the point").

2. Clever username

Clever username Active Member

Not if you hold them to your ear correctly.

3. MacDaddy

MacDaddy Active Member

I used to have AT&T/Cingular. Not only did the coverage and customer service generally blow, part of my apartment was roaming and part of it wasn't. Good times. I switched to T-Mobile and couldn't be happier.

Razrs are not all the same. There's a basic Razr (the V3) that's pretty mediocre. There are upgraded/updated versions that are much better (mine's a V3i). My wife and I had one of each and you could tell just picking them up that the V3i was built better; I've had mine for a year and it's worked perfectly.

4. audreyld

audreyld Guest

I hope you catch a nasty disease while you're alone in Spain. Or that you fall into sc's pool and can't get out.

5. RedSmithClone

RedSmithClone Active Member

Same here, except switched to T-Mobile. Haven't had any problems since!

6. sportsgopher

sportsgopher Member

ditto, ditto

7. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

I would never let my poolboy get stuck in the pool!

8. audreyld

audreyld Guest

Well, nasty Spanish disease it is, then!

9. bydesign77

bydesign77 Active Member

FWIW, i'm on my fifth RAZR (yes, 5) with verizon. I like my service, but hate the phone.

10. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

I have my own Cingul-GRRRRRR odyssey.

It started with me losing my phone. I call customer service and have them suspend my service temporarily until I find it. Which I never did.

I go to a Cingular store for a replacement and they said they don't stock that model, and I have to order one online.

So I order one — the same model BlackBerry I had — and the company gives me a WHOLE NEW ACCOUNT with a WHOLE NEW NUMBER. Which I don't want. I want to keep my old number. Too late -- phone's been shipped, I've been charged, and I receive it the very next day.

I call customer service again and they tell me to bring the new phone back to a store and they'll refund me, and I'll be able to get a phone under my old account. For some reason, they could not activate the new phone with my old account because it was an old model (funny, the original worked just fine, thank you very much) and I had to buy a new phone.

They didn't refund me, but they did put the balance toward the new phone. Plus, they gave me a form to fill out to mail in (with copy of receipt and proof of purchase) to get a $100 rebate. I'm still waiting on that check.

The new phone was a pain in the ass for about a month. I couldn't get the Web to surf and it took a couple of calls to get that ironed out. Then I couldn't get my e-mail to work and it took about four calls.

The kicker was when I received a bill for about $20 for the account I created online by ordering a phone at the beginning.

Other than that, I got no complaints.

11. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Good gravy, now I'm looking at my RAZR with fear and trembling. Of course, I got a work cell phone like six weeks after I got a new personal cell phone that now I hardly use unless I'm calling my mom. So maybe that'll preserve it for the next 20 months. Maybe by then they'll have a combined cell/MP3/XM/PDA device for me to covet and not afford.

12. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Same damn thing happened to me when I moved and changed my number. The idiots set up a new account and my phone was giving me all kinds of problems. It took me four days to get that shit straightened out.

Draft saved Draft deleted