1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Cingular

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by spup1122, Feb 18, 2007.

1. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

Have had no problems with Cingular in the nearly three years I've been with them.

2. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Oh, I'm not going back to Sprint either.

I think Verizon is next.

3. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

I've had Cingular for my last few cell phones and never had a problem with either the phones, the customer service or the signals.

4. audreyld

audreyld Guest

I get dropped calls all the time. I also hate my Razr and want a new phone.

5. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Oh yeah...don't even get me STARTED on the Razr. Piece of shit.

6. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

UPDATE: As if you all care...

I called this morning. I was seething. The man on the phone was not very nice, but said my service was disrupted because they had a bad address on file for me. I told him that I'd updated that mailing address three times with them, but it never seemed to make it in the computer right. I had the same problem with my last address not getting updated in the system. I HATE Cingular.

7. audreyld

audreyld Guest

Any suggestions for a new phone?

How do they know it's a bad address?

8. Dirk Legume

Dirk Legume Active Member

IJAG, I am curious why you don't like your Razr. My wife just got one and has a few days left in the trial period. If it's a crappy phone, we can take it back.

So, what's the deal?

9. audreyld

audreyld Guest

I don't know about IJAG, but I've had two Razrs and both were really, really hard to hear on.

10. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

I've heard the same thing about Razrs. They need the kinks worked out before they're OK.

UTShooter, they said they got a piece of mail back from the old address. I told them they weren't supposed to be sending me paper bills anyway so that was their problem. I was seething this morning.

11. audreyld

audreyld Guest

I'd be furious, were I you.

When it first became possible to port numbers from one service to another, a guy accidentally ported my number from AT&T to Nextel. I was without a phone for 10 days, and basically just called Nextel and AT&T from our two land lines every day, sitting on hold with one phone stuck to each side of my head.

Nextel refused to help me at first, since I wasn't their customer, and AT&T just kept telling me to talk to Nextel. Thankfully the guy who did it also got on Nextel's case, though at first they refused to help him, because it wasn't his number.

Jerks.

12. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

I've had a RAZR since October and nary a problem. Gets better reception than the Verizon work phone, which is generally okay but gets no signal when I have to go to the downtown building to work. Who knew T-Mobile would beat Verizon in a signal contest?

Draft saved Draft deleted