1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Cingular

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by spup1122, Feb 18, 2007.

1. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Now that I'm far away from these whoresluts, am paying less for more, and haven't dropped a call in two months....allow me to reiterate:

Fuckabuncha AT&T.

2. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Who'd you switch to? I can't remember.

3. imjustagirl

Verizon. Love my Voyager, I get 15 percent off monthly thanks to my job, etc. Big fan.

As I said on another thread, though, my only complaint this far is that your minutes start counting as soon as you hit send, instead of when the other person answers. So that's usually about 30 seconds you can't get back, and by the time voice mail finishes talking, you've already used a minute of time.

4. Angola!

Angola! Guest

You get 15 percent off from Verizon, or your paper hooks you up with 15 percent off?
    How does that work?

5. imjustagirl

Verizon offers employee discounts for some companies. Mine is one of those companies. I was told it would take 1-2 billing cycles for the discount to hit...It was on my first bill.

6. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Is there a way to see that list?
    I'm guessing my chain isn't on there, but you never know.

7. imjustagirl

If you go to vzw.com, you can click on "employee discounts" and they'll have you put your work e-mail in. Then they'll e-mail you there saying if they offer a discount or not.

8. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

If i had the $175 to pay to get out of my contract with at&t, i'd have been out a long fucking time ago. I've talked to someone at verizon and they said they would pay up to 75 percent of that to get me to sign up with them. I think i'll use some of my tax refund and take advantage of that.

9. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I'm not cool enough, but thanks for the hope. It was a fun 38 seconds.

10. Angola!

Angola! Guest

38 seconds? Shit, I only had hope for about 7 seconds.

11. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I tried my last three work e-mail addresses.

12. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Ooh, good idea. I'd try my last work e-mail address, but I can guarantee it doesn't get any discounts.

Draft saved Draft deleted