1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Cindy Sheehan's "fast"

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by markvid, Jul 4, 2006.

1. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Dude, did you have a little too much of the pink wine in a box over the holiday yesterday? At what point was that implication made? I am questioning whether you and the Sheehan bashers would call anyone who felt the need to take a hard stand against something a fame-seeker or gold digger.

A lot of them were part of the required reading. Just doing my job.

Look at the thousands of Democrats beside her when they marched on your president's studio ranch last August. Mainstream, fringe, who gives a fuck anymore. Army of one united in their objection to an illegal war.

2. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

I'm not a Cindy Sheehan fan, and many of her methods have become tired and overplayed. As a Democrat and liberal, I don't hold her up as the poster child of my party. But at the same time, I do hold her up as an American exercising her rights and trying to force a change. Her methods aren't what I prefer, but she is trying to accomplish something legitimate.

Does that make her an attention whore? By that definition, anyone who becomes a face or figure around whom others rally would qualify, and that's not always the case.

I'm sure Cindy would give up all the noteriety and the crusade and everything else that's come in the wake of her son's death to have him back, even for one day. But nothing, nothing will bring him back, so Sheehan is trying to use whatever means she can come up with do make a change she believes is legit.

In the final equation, that's all that matters. Don't like her means or her message? Then ignore her. But to say she's "capitalizing" on Casey's death is like saying John Walsh capitalized on his kid's murder to become famous as a crime fighter.

3. WHA73

WHA73 Guest

Media whore on hardball -would rather live in Venezuela under Chavez than the US

4. bobblehead

bobblehead Guest

Most people IN THIS ROOM and in your local DNC chapter.

The vast majority of the rest of the world says: "BITCH, he signed up, he wasn't drafted, and war is war and shit sometimes happens. We're sorry for your loss. But bend over and blow your ass off the stage!"

Must be your new math.

5. bobblehead

bobblehead Guest

I'm not so sure of that. I'm even less sure of the parasites that have flocked to her would favor it either.

Wait...

Oh, but now they've got Lt. Wuss coming out and doing his thing.

6. spnited

spnited Active Member

7. bobblehead

bobblehead Guest

Denial, denial, denial

8. spnited

spnited Active Member

No denying...you are a TROLL

[​IMG]

9. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

I thought he was an idiot?

10. bobblehead

bobblehead Guest

Who the hell cares?

11. bobblehead

bobblehead Guest

Sorry to distract you. Go back to playing with your puck.

12. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

But Karl Rove's "faster."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/blog/2006/07/07/BL2006070700714.html

Draft saved Draft deleted