1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Cindy Sheehan throws in the towel

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Smallpotatoes, May 29, 2007.

1. HeinekenMan

HeinekenMan Active Member

I agree with this. I was a big supporter until I heard that news. It was wholly unnecessary, but I think she found strength in those who flocked to her. She helped them fight their causes, and it appears she finally recognized that she was being used.

My question is whether Bush really is delusional enough to believe that he's not at fault for sending her son and others into a poorly planned war based upon lies and moving nowhere.

2. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Hugo Chavez is a bit wacky, but is he any bigger threat to this country or his own people than the Saudis, who are pals with the Bushes?

3. Yes, he is.

4. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

Is that lunatic who pickets military funerals who you all go ape over each time he manages to shove his face in the news a threat to this or any country at all? Is that the standard for choosing your friends?

5. IU90

IU90 Member

I agree, with Repubs now clearly fractured between the traditional and neo con types and more split than ever before on issues like immigration, abortion, free trade, the war, etc., and the Dems their usual fractured selves, I doubt there's ever been so many people looking for another option and a better time for a quality well-funded third-party candidate to come forward.

That's also why it won't happen. Nothing that makes too much sense ever does in politics.

6. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

What country do they rule? Kansastan?

7. Guy_Incognito

None. Point? If someone you didn't like would go around for photo-ops with them, you'd scream from the rooftops, and be right.

8. Topekastan, actually.

9. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

My point is Cindy Sheehan was criticized for appearing with Hugo Chavez, who is the ruler of Venezuela. I don't think they are friends.

And I was making the point that if appearing to cozy up to rulers of foreign countries counts against you, the Bushes and Saudies should be in the mix somewhere.

A least Chavez acts as though he cares about people in his country who aren't directly related to him.

10. Guy_Incognito

If only we could find someone willing to criticize Bush's relationship with the Saudis. Especially all of their joint appearances & public expressions of support & friendship since he took office.

11. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I'll check around and get back to you.

12. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

The mere fact more people vote for Idol than vote for elected members of office is a travesty in itself. But that's just me. :)

Draft saved Draft deleted