1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Cindy Sheehan throws in the towel

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Smallpotatoes, May 29, 2007.

1. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

WHAT actions by Nixon?

I'm popping the popcorn. Give me 90 seconds.

And, Carter as worse than Dubya?

"Worst president" wasn't what I posited, but Carter was exponentially less damaging for this country.

2. Shottie --
    Sorry.
    Bush is worse, by any measure. The country is less secure, stuck in a military occupation for the next several decades. The GSA and the DOJ were turned into political hatchet shops. We lost an entire American city, first to a storm and thereafter to neglect. Our standing in the world community has never been lower. The Constitution is under assault like never before.

3. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Like I said, Fenian ... I'd get in a hole and cover up behind me.

4. JackS

JackS Member

She certainly comes across better via the written word than she does in the flesh.

5. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

There is a lot of truth to the fact that Bush had help getting into Yale. My point is this -- the fact that he somehow managed to pass enough classes to get a degree from Yale --- which has nothing to do with getting in -- tells me he is not the "well trained monkey" or "total idiot" that some people on these threads make him out to be.

Albert Einstein he is not, but I think you would agree that earning a degree from Yale does at least indicate he has some working matter in between his ears.

6. IU90

IU90 Member

Valid point, but do you know how many people actually flunk out of Yale? Actually, very few, getting in is BY FAR the hardest part. Once in, nearly everyone who stays the course finishes. Bush trudged his way through by making bad grades and partying himself silly. Yes, that undoubtedly took some gray matter, but not nearly as much as a Yale degree normally implies.

7. zagoshe

I'd say the Master's from Harvard means something, even though he had someone help him get into that schoool as well.

8. jimmymcd

jimmymcd Guest

You just don't get it, do you zag?! Anyone who fails to toe the party line is deemed an idiot or moron. If they DO manage to achieve something despite their chimphood, it's all due to the influence or help of other, shadowy beings.

Geez, I thought you got the memo, zag... Please make an effort to keep up!

9. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Good one, toss Jimmy a banana.

10. All this talk about Yale and Harvard making Bush less than a moron begs the question: If he was an admitted alcoholic until he was 40 and probably did Coke during that same period (he's always avoided that question), could he have been less of a moron in his early 20s -- albeit not a Rhodes Scholar or a Nuclear Engineer -- only to kill off so many brain cells over the next two decades of his life with his abuse of booze and drugs that he really is a complete moron now? Just saying. Think about it. It makes sense and it satisfies both sides of the argument. Compromise is what I'm all about.

11. zagoshe

Well, so much for an exit strategy -- looks like we'll be in Iraq for at least the next 50 years.....brilliant.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070531/ap_on_go_pr_wh/bush_iraq

12. He equates leaving with failure. He won't accept the reality of it.

Draft saved Draft deleted