1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Cincinnati, you're on the clock

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by three_bags_full, Jul 22, 2015.

1. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

2. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Thanks ...

3. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

You been watching Porky's again? "Oh, Porky! The boys from Angel Beach are here."

cjericho likes this.
  4. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

No, actually, I used to live in Houston and there was a rural county northeast of there where the county sheriff was busted for doing exactly that. He'd eyeball a car, and if he thought that there was a decent chance they had weed in the car he would stop them and do exactly that for probable cause. Enough people raised a stink about it that the Feds ran an undercover in there and he took the bait.

5. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Just kidding. I have no doubt it happens. That's just what it reminded me of and was hoping for a threadjack. "Please, please, can we call it a tallywhacker? Penis is so ... p-p-p-penis is so personal."

6. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Of course, the thread title inspires thoughts of this moment:

[​IMG]

BDC99 likes this.
  7. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Sorry, but I'm giving the cop the benefit of the doubt over a guy driving without insurance or license, open bottle, and a rap sheet longer than the Bengals'.

And a dude who, at 43, may have fathered a gaggle of 20 — that speaks volumes of a dude who makes sound, responsible decisions.

The prosecutor hanging onto the video doesn't help, but... until this is completely investigated, I'm not going to wring my hands over the loss of this solid citizen.

8. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

So the cop knew all that and factored in the guy's unwillingness to use birth control in the decision to shoot him?

9. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

I think the point he's making is that the guy who got shot might not have handled being pulled over as appropriately as The Narrative™ would have you believe.

10. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

There are competing narratives, like in most news stories like this. One side is doing everything short of calling the guy shiftless and the other is portraying him as a loving family guy. I'm guessing the truth lies somewhere between.

11. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Hey, speaking of The Narrative™ ... how about The False Narrative™?

12. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Well, he clearly had a lot of love to give.

Draft saved Draft deleted