1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Cigars

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Evil Bastard (aka Chris_L), Jan 29, 2011.

1. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Give me a snifter of a really good rum (Mount Gay Extra Old or Appleton Estate Extra) rather than the beer. But otherwise, spot-on.

2. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Love the Cubans but prefer not to give Castro as few dollars as possible.

By most of my cigars through JR mail order. No tax out of North Carolina.

If you get on mailing list you get some very good weekly specials. Also has weekly auction where you can bid on boxes.

I am a fairly ecletic cigar smoker but do have some favorites:

H Upmann connoisseur
    Monte Christo White Label
    Romeo and Juliet 1875 Anniversary Tube- wrapped in cedar - packed in tube - great travel cigar.

Used to smoke Churchill size but switched to Robusto size during shortage - they were pushing out Churchills too fast with little aging.

With Robusto you still get the thickness of Churchill and rich flavor but no waste - being a shorter cigar.

Someone mentioned the Excalibur # 1 as their golf cigar - mine too. Will last almost 18 and you can keep relighting without changing taste.

If you are buying Humidor be sure and get one with humidifier that you can add distilled water. Helps to have gauge also - you want box to be at least 60 % humidity.

3. Currently enjoying a nice Alec Bradley Vice Press with a couple of coffee, doing work emails and listening to an Adam Carolla podcast. Life is good.

Draft saved Draft deleted