1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

CIF state wrestling championships

Discussion in 'Freelance/stringer help available' started by zewing, Feb 6, 2009.

1. zewing

zewing Member

Fellow Californicators:

If you're looking to save a dime March 6-7 by not sending someone to Bakersfield for the wonderful chaos that is the state wrestling tournament but still need some coverage, let me know. Lord knows I'll be there the entire time anyway, and I'll have time to track down an extra story or three each day. If I get a request(s) I can't handle, I know people who can get you a solid story.

My name is Zach Ewing, and I'm the preps writer at The Californian in Bakersfield. I'm somewhat of a wrestling fan, which is rarer and rarer these days, and I understand the sport's ins and outs from many high school days staring at the gym ceiling. I'll also get you any size or type of story you need and do it in a timely fashion.

PM me if you need help.

2. zewing

zewing Member

bump

3. Gold

Gold Active Member

Zach, you would see people deprived of a March trip to Bakersfield? I am truly, truly hurt :)

Good line about the gym ceiling.

4. zewing

zewing Member

If it were July, I wouldn't have the heart to take a trip to Bakersfield away from someone. Everybody needs a little 115 degrees in their life. But March? 75 degrees? I'll take that off your hands.

5. Gold

Gold Active Member

Yeah, but it's a dry heat :D

Draft saved Draft deleted