1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ciarrai abu!

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Fenian_Bastard, Sep 19, 2007.

1. Up the Kingdom!

http://www.gaa.ie/plugins/newsfeed.cgi?rm=content&plugin_data_id=20369

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  2. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I watched some Irish football in the brief period I had Setanta. Interesting.

My Irish side reveled in a uniquely Gaelic pastime, my German side was repulsed by the lack of order, but enthused by the codified violence. Then I threw on a Van Morrison-Kraftwerk mix tape and went insane.

Thanks Big Ten Network and Dish Network. Just the idea of being able to watch an Indiana-Arkansas women's soccer match is worth bumping Setanta and fascinating stuff like hurling, Aussie Rules, etc., off my service.

3. I do wish they had a better term for punching the ball into the net than "fisting it in for a score."

4. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Maybe it's a veiled reference to "the troubles". Perhaps black and tans used to "fist it in for a score" to real fenian bastards they held in political prisons.

Or maybe I'm overthinking this a tad.

5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I do love GAA sports. Hurling and Gaelic football are joys to watch.

I have this image of FB hearing a noise late at night, flicking on a light and picking up a hurley to go investigate.

6. Flash

Flash Guest

Fen, old chum ... slainte!

7. Sam's home!

[​IMG]

Draft saved Draft deleted