1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ciao, John Bolton ....

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Football_Bat, Dec 4, 2006.

1. RokSki

RokSki New Member

2muchcoffee: Brilliant, simply brilliant post! Thanks for doing the research for me on Bolton's wife. : )

2. Isn't there a name for a person who tries to pawn off other's work as their own?

http://www.toostupidtobepresident.com/top11/boltonqualifications.htm

3. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Hey, Chris: take another look at my post, specifically at the hyperlink attached to the words "from this site." (Hint: Hyperlinks are blue.)

Isn't there a name for somebody who's too stupid to see something glaringly obvious even though it's sitting right in front of them?

4. You are correct. I apologize.

When I'm wrong I will admit it and I was clearly wrong here.

Sorry.

5. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

What's Mr. Rivero's point?

6. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Yeah, and we really want to work with other people when we get spit on by countries we've bailed out, financially and militarially.

To paraphrase one of my favorite authors (P.J. O'Rourke), when totalitarian dictatorships and terrorist regimes invade other countries, the countries who are invaded don't pick up the phone and call Sweden.

7. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

And Kofi Annan deserves public praise...for what? He's a thief and a crook.

8. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Yeah, maybe the real solution for fighting the War on Terror involves:

1. A burlap sack
    2. Two large rocks
    3. A bridge over high water

9. pallister

pallister Guest

Now THAT's funny.

10. pallister

pallister Guest

In the corporate world, this would also be called a phony, ass-kisser, etc.

11. dog428

dog428 Active Member

Really surprised to see PDB on the other side of this.

I know you're on the other side on several issues, but you've been pretty good about ridiculing the more ridiculous decisions made by this administration. And Bolton's UN appointment was one of the more ridiculous ones.

He wasn't qualified for the spot, didn't deserve to get it and did nothing during his time on the job to prove otherwise.

In a presidency filled with terrible appointments, Bolton might crack the top 10. That's very bad considering his company.

12. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Hey, Chris, google "Melody Townsel". Case closed.

Given your history of defending politicans who have proven to be pretty much indefensible (we can start with Fredo and Rumsfeld) I would have thought you'd have learned to keep your big mouth shut by now.

Draft saved Draft deleted